PDA

View Full Version : Six Reasons God of War III Will be Brilliant

Emabulator
04-19-2009, 05:06 AM
Computer and Video Games has come up with six reasons (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=213276) why they think SCE Studios Santa Monica's upcoming action game, God of War III, will be bloody brilliant.

Disembowelling enemies is in
Eye-gouging? Pah. Strategic dismemberment? Done in Dead Space. Disembowelling? Now you're talking. Thanks to PS3's added grunt, G0W3 is uncompromisingly brutal. It features newly-developed 'velcro-tear' tech that means Kratos will be able to realistically remove his enemies' internal organs (you can see them slop out) and even slice creatures completely in half.

When you're not tearing foes to pieces or disembowelling them, you'll be able to use them to your advantage. The trailer showed off Kratos' ability to ride a Cyclops, then use it to crush swathes of foot soldiers, and also his new way of jumping huge gaps by clinging onto Harpies and leaping between them.

In combat, he can grab enemies and carry them around on his shoulder for later mischief. Once snatched, standard baddos can be swung around as a weapon, employed as a meat-shield, or simply dashed against the nearest hard-surface.

feeble
04-19-2009, 06:09 AM
thats the saddest game highlight ive read in a while

Vandenh
04-19-2009, 06:34 AM
Do they let 12 year olds write stuff now as well?

Krom
04-19-2009, 08:47 AM
"Sony don't want to swarm the screen in AI drones, because that would unbalance the slick combat system."

Riiiiiiight

Ph00p
04-19-2009, 08:59 AM
The whole Kratos riding a cyclops thing worried me, when did this become Crash Mind over Mutant(maybe thats not the title) but its still a SILLY idea, yes GOW is a silly game but riding a beast like that is a different kind of silly.

Grumsh
04-19-2009, 09:51 AM
Madworld called: they wanted to let you know blood and gore do not make a game.

Johan
04-19-2009, 09:51 AM
They are ignoring the three most important reasons GoW 3 will be a success:

* Marketing
* GoW 1
* GoW 2

The game could be a pile of crap, and based on those three alone, it would sell.

EL CABONG
04-19-2009, 10:44 AM
They are ignoring the three most important reasons GoW 3 will be a success:

* Marketing
* GoW 1
* GoW 2

The game could be a pile of crap, and based on those three alone, it would sell.

Yes
Yes
Yes

and more than likely.

Verruckt
04-19-2009, 11:14 AM
thats the saddest game highlight ive read in a while

Chainsaw Battles is sadder.

Jack9
04-19-2009, 12:27 PM
Finally, I'll be able to cut enemies in half just like in Castle Crashers?

Johan
04-19-2009, 01:34 PM

And don't forget Viking. Not a bad little game.

Major Dan
04-19-2009, 01:38 PM
Thanks to PS3's added grunt, G0W3 is uncompromisingly brutal. It features newly-developed 'velcro-tear' tech that means Kratos will be able to realistically remove his enemies' internal organs (you can see them slop out) and even slice creatures completely in half.

If it really is that gory, then maybe it will be the first AO game, because I think gore like that should be AO. Then Sony would have to let AO games be played on their system and maybe MS will follow.

I for one think this is the right way to go.

Ulysses
04-19-2009, 01:54 PM
Man, I want that game so badly now.

ElfShotTheFood
04-19-2009, 06:42 PM
The whole Kratos riding a cyclops thing worried me, when did this become Crash Mind over Mutant(maybe thats not the title) but its still a SILLY idea, yes GOW is a silly game but riding a beast like that is a different kind of silly.

You could ride on giant enemies in Evil Dead: Regeneration too.

Suicidal ShiZuru
04-19-2009, 06:51 PM
That entire article didnt mention any titties, screw GoW 3.

Sensei-X
04-19-2009, 09:16 PM
If it really is that gory, then maybe it will be the first AO game, because I think gore like that should be AO. Then Sony would have to let AO games be played on their system and maybe MS will follow.

I for one think this is the right way to go.

No way, even if they would get an AO rating it would be sent back to be reworked and toned down since most stores wouldn't even stock the game if was rated AO leaving Sony to sell it only throught their own retail stores, mom and pop stores, and through mail order, almost guaranteeing it wouldn't sell well.

Verruckt
04-19-2009, 10:09 PM
There is plenty of evisceration in R rated movies, this wont get the game AO.

RorschachCCCLX
04-19-2009, 10:11 PM
Joing FF VII and Halo on the overhyped express train is God of War, a game that takes things seen (and done better ) in Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden and many more and slaps on Greek mythology and quick time events.

Its an ok game, but I'm not wetting my pants over it.

Exodus
04-19-2009, 10:53 PM
The list is something that would have been amazing when soldier of fortune 2 made its debut with dismemberment. There's no mention of, oh wow there's co-op(a major selling point of RE5). Replay value(I really don't give a shit about art work unlocks, if they want to make it a challenge to see their work good for them).

All I hear is, God of War 3. More blood/guts/prettier. Who the hell cares if you can ride a titan? So many games have the mechanic and let's be honest you controlled a 'big' person in a god of war game already.

Need more information.

CptTripps
04-20-2009, 02:28 PM

Or Conan..