PDA

View Full Version : Kids Play PS3, SWAT Attacks

modeps
01-13-2009, 11:45 AM
If you feel like cranking up your speakers and playing your favorite PS3 shoot-em-up game, you best be prepared to get jacked by the po-po. Gamepolitics (http://www.gamepolitics.com/2009/01/13/swat-team-takes-down-pair-ps3-gamers) has a report that this exact scenario went down in Denmark.

A concerned neighbor called the local gendarmes in the belief that the sound of gunfire coming from next door was the real deal. Perhaps thinking that a full-scale war had broken out, a Danish SWAT team was activated. The cops used a megaphone to order the men to come out and surrender.

The noisy gamers wisely put their controllers down without a fight and were arrested on suspicion of mayhem. They were soon released after a search of their apartment uncovered no firearms.

Whoopsie Daisy.

The-Builder
01-13-2009, 11:51 AM
Well it actually took place in Denmark, not Sweden. Close though.

Froggy
01-13-2009, 11:52 AM

Lol, yes, well played.

The whole thing reminds me of Home Alone: "Keep the change you filthy animal!"

modeps
01-13-2009, 11:52 AM

I had Swedish Fish in my hand when I wrote this. Apologies.

Earth Djinn
01-13-2009, 12:15 PM
Those are the kind of neighbors that you just have to hate.

Demo_Boy
01-13-2009, 01:14 PM
I want their speaker system!!!!! That must have been completely cranked. BOOOYA!

ResistanceAddict
01-13-2009, 03:27 PM
All I ca say is... LOL!

Chimpbot
01-13-2009, 04:14 PM
Que epic lawsuit in 3....2...1...

Trazzlo the Magnificant
01-13-2009, 04:42 PM
I wonder if anyone has done a study to see if video games make the police departments violent?

So far we have fucked up one lawyer, and a bunch of politicians. But, they haven't yet turned violent. So, there is room for improvement.

Chimpbot
01-13-2009, 06:20 PM
I wonder if anyone has done a study to see if video games make the police departments violent?

So far we have fucked up one lawyer, and a bunch of politicians. But, they haven't yet turned violent. So, there is room for improvement.

They apparently make people who don't play them stupid, offensive, judgemental and irrational, which is just as bad.
So, our options are this: play them and become a homicidal maniac or don't play them and become a frothing douchetard.

Either way, we're boned.

sixtyfps
01-14-2009, 12:55 AM
Que epic lawsuit in 3....2...1...

You're looking for "Cue". I think the word you tried to use was queue (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1C1GGLS_enUS291US303&pwst=1&defl=en&q=define:queue&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title).