PDA

View Full Version : Braid PC Early Next Year

modeps
12-22-2008, 02:55 PM
http://evavhost.com/i/news/braid.jpg

Jonathan Blow updated his Braid blog (http://braid-game.com/news/?p=392) today, letting everyone know that the PC release of super duper time base platformer, Braid will be released at some point in the February/March timeframe. Additionally, a Mac port will hopefully be coming soon after. Too bad for PS3 and handheld hopefuls though, because there are currently no plans in place for any other platform release.

At this time, weíre looking at a window of February-March 2009 for the PC release. I know this isnít good news for those of you who have been waiting a long time for the game, but there sure are lots of games out there for you to play in the meantime.

I am also in talks with someone to do a Mac version (native code). The release date for this would be hopefully not long after the PC version.

There are no plans for other platforms in the near future, though as Iíve mentioned before, a PS3 version a little later on remains a possibility (though again, this depends on whether Sony is interested in the game).

How about them apples?

Mozgus
12-22-2008, 04:39 PM
Heard him on a podcast months ago where he basically said he couldn't talk about any PC ports so long as he was legally bound from doing so, but he said it in a way that made it obvious.

Suicidal ShiZuru
12-22-2008, 07:08 PM
Never heard of it, but it looks pretty awesome.

modeps
12-22-2008, 07:14 PM
Never heard of it, but it looks pretty awesome.

sarcasm meter broken?

sixtyfps
12-22-2008, 07:55 PM
On Steam = Surefire Transaction
Not on Steam = Wait Until It Shows Up on Steam

Syl
12-22-2008, 07:59 PM
I'm wondering what digital distribution this game will come out on. Maybe it'll be a whore like World of Goo or Hinterland and just be released on all of them.

Mr.Green
12-22-2008, 10:46 PM
Be aware that if you ever look up for hints on the internet to beat this game, Jonathan Blow will personally show up to your place and punch you in the face.

modeps
12-23-2008, 12:51 AM
Be aware that if you ever look up for hints on the internet to beat this game, Jonathan Blow will personally show up to your place and punch you in the face.

This is true! My friend had it happen to him in the 5th world.