PDA

View Full Version : Hamill, Conroy Confirmed for Arkham Asylum

modeps
12-17-2008, 12:16 PM
http://www.evilavatar.com/images/thumbs/batman_logo.jpg

Fanboys rejoice! Two of the most memorable voices from Batman: The Animated series have been confirmed as taking part as voices for the upcoming Batman title, Batman: Arkham Asylum. Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy were announced by Eidos and Warner Bros. today. Hamill will reprise his Joker role, while Conroy takes on the Dark Knight.

Batman fans around the world will be excited to learn that Mark Hamill of Star Wars fame and leading television and stage actor Kevin Conroy will lend their voices to the Batman: Arkham Asylum videogame, co-published by Eidos, Inc. and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. Known as the voice of BATMAN and BRUCE WAYNE for over fifteen years in various animated films and television series, Kevin Conroy will repeat his role as the CAPED CRUSADER, while Mark Hamill, who is also a veteran of many animated Batman properties, will again star as The Joker in the upcoming action-adventure title.

Featuring an original story penned exclusively for the game by famous Batman author, Batman: The Animated Series writer and five-time Emmy award winner, Paul Dini, Batman: Arkham Asylum, developed by Rocksteady Studios, will launch worldwide on Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3 and Windows PC in the Summer of 2009. With intensely realistic graphics and a gothic, moody and extraordinarily detailed setting, Batman: Arkham Asylum offers diverse gameplay options to push the envelope for all action, adventure and superhero games in the future. Batman: Arkham Asylum exposes players to a unique, dark and atmospheric adventure taking them to the depths of the ARKHAM ASYLUM.

Everything about this title so far appears to be right on track.

Sarconix
12-17-2008, 12:39 PM
Wise choices.

I need to see some video of Hamill recording Joker lines. You'd think it wouldn't work, but it really does.

Earth Djinn
12-17-2008, 12:41 PM
This is excellent news.

Could 09 be the year of amazing licensed games? This and Ghostbusters make a strong argument for it.

OmegaVader
12-17-2008, 12:42 PM
This might seal the deal for me. Those two will always be Joker and Batman in my eyes (or ears, as it were).

riposte101
12-17-2008, 12:48 PM
This might seal the deal for me. Those two will always be Joker and Batman in my eyes (or ears, as it were).

I can't agree more. Both of them are amazing.

McNinja
12-17-2008, 01:16 PM
*jizzinmypants.gif*

Dear Flying Spaghetti Monster,

Please don't let this game suck.

Sincerely,
McNinja

Flatpicker
12-17-2008, 01:16 PM
Hamill.
F'n yeah!!!!!

I'm there.

bto
12-17-2008, 01:39 PM
Hmmm, could batman finally get a great game?

McNinja
12-17-2008, 01:52 PM

The Adventures of Batman and Robin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adventures_of_Batman_%26_Robin_(video_game)) says "Hi"

bto
12-17-2008, 01:56 PM
Well, in recent gens, old batman games I still play from time to time, mainly revenge of the joker...

JazGalaxy
12-17-2008, 05:08 PM
*Standing ovation from me*

I think it's hilarious how game developers, and movie directors and producers for that matter, oftentimes want to make things more complicated for themelves than necessary.

This game seems to be sidestepping all those potential problems and one step at a time is climbing the latter to success.

And it's not just the fanboys who will appreciate this. Everyone knows a bad batman and bad joker when they hear one. Why gamble?

Metal Khaos
12-17-2008, 06:13 PM
Great news. They both are the best voices in my opinion for those characters regardless. As long as the game play is good, this will be a buy for me.

Returner
12-17-2008, 07:14 PM

Lego Batman was bad ass.

bto
12-17-2008, 09:43 PM
I tried to like it, but got bored quickly. But I really enjoyed Lego Star Wars.

Camtron
12-17-2008, 10:43 PM
Hey wait a minute, there's shit in my pants...I guess that means I'm pretty excited.

InfiniteAmmo
12-18-2008, 12:39 AM
I tried to like it, but got bored quickly. But I really enjoyed Lego Star Wars.

Tried to like...what? Huh?

I'm confused.

bto
12-18-2008, 11:58 AM
Tried to like...what? Huh?

I'm confused.

eh... what can I say?....

Mozgus
12-18-2008, 06:13 PM
Wise choices.

I need to see some video of Hamill recording Joker lines. You'd think it wouldn't work, but it really does.

He does it real quick here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqSXB4iG4-I&feature=channel_page