PDA

View Full Version : Electronic Arts' CFO Resigns

fitbabits
03-24-2008, 09:00 AM
Next Generation (http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9681&Itemid=2) is reporting that Warren Jensen, Chief Financial Officer at Electronic Arts since 2002, is resigning:

Jenson will stay on board as EA's CFO to assist with the company's fiscal year-end close (ending March 31) and help his successor ease into the position.

EA said in a statement Monday that it would be announcing his successor "shortly."

Jenson, 51, didn't disclose his future plans, saying in a statement, "It's time for me to write the next chapter in my career."

Analyst Arvind Bhatia with Stern Agee said in an investor note, "We feel that this event is unlikely to impact the stock negatively. Moreover, in the past we have heard some rumblings with regards to a need for a change at this position at [EA]."
Changes abound at Electronic Arts.

Flatpicker
03-24-2008, 09:05 AM
Perhaps he is against the hostile takeover of take 2?
Complete speculation.

Xerxes
03-24-2008, 09:10 AM
Changes my ass. The more things change, the more they stay the same. Flatpicker might be right.

Oddmaker
03-24-2008, 09:49 AM
I have to agree with Flatpicker but complete speculation.

CaptStu
03-24-2008, 09:58 AM
Watch. He'll now go work for MS.

Purple Santa
03-24-2008, 10:01 AM
According to Reuter's via the NY Times, Jenson is still to be an employee of EA until September 30th unless he chooses to leave earlier. My first thought when a CFO leaves is to look for possible funniness with the finances. However, if he was in trouble for that I don't think he would be an employee until September. Maybe he's not on board with the take over of Take-Two. A run in with John Riticello then maybe? I'm thinking if it's a difference of how to run a business then it's more than just the Take-Two takeover.

sflufan
03-24-2008, 12:45 PM
CBSMarketwatch thinks the timing is a bit odd and tends to agree with FlatPicker:

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/greenberg/2008/03/strange-time-for-cfo-to-quit-electronic-arts/?mod=MWBlog

dark_inchworm
03-24-2008, 12:58 PM
What Flatpicker said.