PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Live Community Choice Winners

bapenguin
02-22-2008, 09:39 AM
The winners have been announced for the first ever Xbox Live Community Awards. With over 26,000 votes tallied, here are the results.· Best Overall Arcade Game: “Bomberman Live” (Hudson Entertainment)

· Best Classic Game: “Castlevania: Symphony of the Night” (Konami Digital Entertainment)

· Best Original Game: “Pac-Man: Championship Edition” (NAMCO BANDAI Games)

· Best Family-Friendly Game: “Pac-Man: Championship Edition” (NAMCO BANDAI Games)

· Best Competitive Multiplayer Game: “Bomberman Live” (Hudson Entertainment)

· Best Cooperative Multiplayer Game: “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” (Ubisoft Entertainment)

· Best-Selling Game: “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” (Ubisoft Entertainment)

· Most-Played Game: “Worms” (Team17 Software Limited)

· Highest-Rated Game: “Castlevania: Symphony of the Night” (Konami Digital Entertainment)

· Xbox LIVE Arcade Staff Choice: “Pac-Man: Championship Edition” (NAMCO BANDAI Games)

How do you vote on which game is the "Best Selling"?

Klunka
02-22-2008, 09:41 AM
Bomberman is all kinds of awesome

51|RandoM
Is that better or worse voter turnout than the average presidential election?

NightRain
The winners have been announced for the first ever Xbox Live Community Awards. With over 26,000 votes tallied, here are the results.

I'd guess they ask you to check which games you've bought then tally a total and list which ever game had the highest number, seems simple enough.

Baron Samedi
02-22-2008, 09:42 AM
How is Pac-Man best Original game?

I'd agree with most of these. It would be interesting to see how EvAv differs.

51|RandoM
02-22-2008, 09:46 AM
Carcassonne and Settlers are my two favorites.

Digital Outlaw
02-22-2008, 09:47 AM
Bomberman was great until the map packs came out and was tooooo expensive to keep up on the game.

bapenguin
02-22-2008, 09:53 AM
How is Pac-Man best Original game?

I'd agree with most of these. It would be interesting to see how EvAv differs.

Have you played Championship Edition? It's friggin awesome. While the concepts are the same, it's a brand new game from the ground up.

JudasGoat
02-22-2008, 09:54 AM

Dollar votes? Micro-economics, Bap! Capitalism! I know your name is red, but I didn't think you were. ;)

NoName
02-22-2008, 09:55 AM

By buying it? ;)

Baron Samedi
02-22-2008, 10:01 AM
Have you played Championship Edition? It's friggin awesome. While the concepts are the same, it's a brand new game from the ground up.

I always thought original meant, you know, conceptually speaking.

mkelehan
02-22-2008, 10:10 AM
Okay, Konami. Time to put Dracula X Chronicles on XBLA.

mkelehan
02-22-2008, 10:11 AM
I always thought original meant, you know, conceptually speaking.

Best original game, not most original game.

Salesmunn
02-22-2008, 10:13 AM
Wow, all the best stuff is just a pile of retreads, ay? I'd have to disagree.

Where's UNO man? F'ing the best.

TrackZero
02-22-2008, 10:16 AM
The choices were pre-biased, as you had only 5 to pick from each category, unless you wanted to "write-in" your answer. Which rarely does you any good. So these awards, while not totally off base, are bunk IMHO.

Baron Samedi
02-22-2008, 10:16 AM
Best original game, not most original game.

Ah, so semantics. Original means "remade". I'll have to remember that next time there's a bicker over sequelitis.

TDiddy
02-22-2008, 10:26 AM

I took part in the voting, and the last 4 categories weren't included. They just added those as more information.

GrinR
02-22-2008, 10:27 AM
TMNT best co-op? Seriously?

(anyone tried this?)

MelbaToast
02-22-2008, 10:28 AM
TMNT best co-op? Seriously?

(anyone tried this?)

Played it a few times with ClannerDelta, it's entertaining for a little while. Hard though, very hard.

Definitely not worthy of best co-op.

TrackZero
02-22-2008, 10:45 AM
Where's UNO man? F'ing the best.

It didn't come out last year, it was before that.

kickmybum
02-22-2008, 11:11 AM
Didn't know TMNT had coop. I'll have to buy that one.

Abash Alarmist
02-22-2008, 01:08 PM
Whores!

Where is the Rez love?

ElektroDragon
02-22-2008, 01:29 PM

The new Pac-Man is excellent. And I'm glad Worms is on there... there is still hope for humanity.

CptTripps
02-22-2008, 01:55 PM
That's right!! Worms...

Headcase
02-22-2008, 05:14 PM
Bomberman was great until the map packs came out and was tooooo expensive to keep up on the game.

They charged money for Bomberman map packs? That's low.
Edit: I see the packs also include new characters and modes.

EternalGamer
02-22-2008, 06:25 PM
Ah, so semantics. Original means "remade". I'll have to remember that next time there's a bicker over sequelitis.

It doesn't mean original as in "unique concept." It means "original" as in " a title that is only available on 360 Arcade," an original title.

EternalGamer
02-22-2008, 06:28 PM
Whores!

Where is the Rez love?

Rez was this year.

And TMNT is such a terrible game. The game itself is bad, but this version is even worse. Lots of slow down, lag, and it even ripped me off out of achievements on at least five occasions. How the hell do you screw up programming achievements?

You want a good co-op game, spend that $5 on Contra or Streets of Rage, both of which have had a lot of improvements in the online play since their initial release. Most of the time they run pretty smooth.

Other than the TMNT picks, I agree with most of them. Castlevania is easily the best value on Live Arcade and Bomberman is the best version since the Saturn one (though far inferior to that version still). And you can always find a good game of it as it has a healthy community of regular players.