PDA

View Full Version : PVP on Xbox Live

KingGorilla
10-22-2007, 11:48 AM
From PVP Online.com (www.pvponline.com):

Episode one of the PvP Animated series is now available in the Xbox marketplace for 250 points. Watch PvP on your TV!

Attention ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. You can now smear PvP all over your Xbox 360. PvP Gamerpics and Themes are live in the Xbox 360 Marketplace.

All you have to do is log onto the Marketplace, go to Gamerpics and themes and scroll down to BLIND FERRET ENTERTAINMENT. Youíll find PvP Gamerpick Pack 1 (http://www.pvponline.com/images/blog/gamerpics.gif) and PvP Theme Pack 1 (http://www.pvponline.com/images/blog/xboxthemes.gif) waiting there, hungry for your Microsoft points.

In the coming months, the Blind Ferret section will blossom with more PvP stuff, as well as packs from Least I Could Do, Looking for Group and other Blind Ferret properties. Stay tuned for the BFE animation suite to be downloadable in the near future.

Our first Gamerpic Pack has TWENTY shots to choose from I got all the regular cast members as well a couple odd-balls. Can I tell you that itís a personal milestone for me today to get my dadís face on the Xbox 360? I was jazzed about it.

Iíve been adopted by the Penny-Arcade gaming group. The bags under my eyes are proof of this fact and also indicate that while they rest comfortably an extra two hours the morning after, I remain cranky of our imposed time-difference. I think tonight, Iíll play just a LITTLE bit better, knowing that Skullís face is emblazoned upon my gamer profile.

PathMaster
10-22-2007, 12:30 PM
I think this is a great move for Kurtz. I always enjoy his comic.

Sl1pstream
10-22-2007, 12:37 PM
The first episode wasn't that great imo. The better ones only started coming out in the last few months.

WastelandDan
10-22-2007, 12:46 PM
250 seems kind of steep considering you can get movies for that much. Just how long is the thing anyway?

Ghostbear
10-22-2007, 12:57 PM
awesome, I love PvP so I guess i have some gamerpics to buy :D

KingGorilla
10-22-2007, 12:58 PM
They are about 5 minutes long. Personally, I would suggest getting them from his site, you can get them in a lot of different file formats, or wait for the DVD. But if you are inclined, go for it on the 360. I think it is just cool that it is on there.

NeoSuplex
10-22-2007, 01:00 PM
SHIT! Now, I have to get a Braman Gamerpic.

gzsfrk
10-22-2007, 01:46 PM
Not a chance. 250 pts = $3.125.

Over $3 for a 5 minute short is crazy.

I know, I know--just one more "XBLM = teh ovarpryzed!!!!1!1" rant. Still--this is right up there with Horse Armor as far as I'm concerned.

It's great the Kurtz is getting his content up there and everything, but this just isn't for me at these prices. Put a 5 minute short at 80 pts, and then we'll talk.

Heretic Machine
10-22-2007, 01:56 PM
Not a chance. 250 pts = $3.125.

Over $3 for a 5 minute short is crazy.

Yeah, I'll just go watch something on Youtube instead... jeeze. Then again, I'm not a big fan of PVP to begin with. I check the site every now and then, and every time I've gone there the comic has had nothing to do with gaming, at all. Seems oriented more towards frustrated office workers or something.

WastelandDan
10-22-2007, 05:06 PM
Yeah, I'll just go watch something on Youtube instead... jeeze. Then again, I'm not a big fan of PVP to begin with. I check the site every now and then, and every time I've gone there the comic has had nothing to do with gaming, at all. Seems oriented more towards frustrated office workers or something.

I stopped reading years ago because I got sick of his "I'll update my comic whenever I fucking feel like it" attitude. When you put out a product (in this case a comic) as a means of supporting yourself you owe it to your readers to update it according to a schedule, not whenever your fat ass gets tired of eating donuts and you decide to wander over to your computer.

ElPresidente
10-23-2007, 12:13 AM
Well it isn't like that any more Dan, he is very regular with his writing. I think mainly because he is now really able to support himself.

And it is correct to say that PvP is no longer a gaming webcomic. It will have occasional games references but only in so far as gaming belongs in the greater classification of geek stuff which is closer to what PvP is now all about.

It isn't the greatest web comic out there but it does amuse me and makes for a nice start to the day when it isn't a PA comic day. :P

Shadowstorm
10-23-2007, 04:06 AM
It's 80 MSP for an episode of RvB and they're about five minutes along.

This is over $3 dollars an episode? That's crazy.