PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3 Matchmaking Updated

Dr.Finger
10-09-2007, 02:42 PM
People have been starting to grouse a bit about Halo 3's matchmaking. Well Bungie is listening (http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=12844), and an update to the matchmaking has been released. What's changed? Glad you asked.
Big Team Battle matches are now 16-player affairs.
In the Team Slayer playlist, the appearance of Shotty Snipers has been greatly reduced.
Now, when players veto Shotty Snipers, the game that results from the veto will not be Shotty Snipers.
In one-sided VIP matches, the attacking team will now see a waypoint for the VIP they are hunting.
In Lone Wolves, Slayer gametypes will appear more frequently.Thanks to Maxconsole. (http://www.maxconsole.net/)

Reminder - it's Halo Tu3sday!

captainstrombosis
10-09-2007, 02:44 PM
Oh lord, my bitching has been listened too for once. I... I just... I don't know what to say. I'm going to cry.

pomeroy
10-09-2007, 02:49 PM
Good. Shotty snipers is a terrible gametype. Would it be too much to just get rid f it?

Dr.Finger
10-09-2007, 02:51 PM
Shotty Snipers is the only game mode I'm any good at:(

suVa
10-09-2007, 02:53 PM
I love shotty snipers.. but I can live with that change..

The VIP change is HORRIBLE. I just got out of a game with that.. there's no way to stop it.. just an onslaught of players from either side and the game lasts hardly one minute per round because of it.

AntB
10-09-2007, 02:59 PM
I hate Snotty* Snipers with a passion. I'm terrible at it. Good to see it reduced.

thefunmachine
10-09-2007, 03:04 PM
I have never been so happy.
I suck at shotty snipes.

Wyrm
10-09-2007, 03:23 PM
I like shotty snipers, but four games in a row is too much fucking shotty snipers. I actually have a shitload more kills with the sniper and shotty because of how many of those I've had to play.

I think they need one more in the ranked slayer line up that changes things up like shotty snipers, except less annoying.

Zander
10-09-2007, 03:25 PM
Still no way to play Rocket Race with people other than your friends list?

Don't care.

beefyjr
10-09-2007, 03:42 PM
I'm stoked to see 16 player BTB.

T-Dawg
10-09-2007, 03:59 PM
Bah, more Slayer? Weak, boring, bland.

Grimmjow
10-09-2007, 04:00 PM
I love shotty/snipers....that is all.

Durka-Dan
10-09-2007, 04:12 PM
Awesome, let's start posting updates as news for all the games in the world. Why not relocate this to the halo 3 forum?

bone_matrix
10-09-2007, 04:23 PM
Awesome, let's start posting updates as news for all the games in the world. Why not relocate this to the halo 3 forum?

Awesome, lets start going into threads we don't care about and complaining about them. Why not just relocate your mouse over a different thread to click?

See what I did there? :D And I know the color doesn't match.

I like shotty snipers, mostly because I am surgical with the shotgun. Beyond that, woo BTB!!

Blue
10-09-2007, 04:23 PM
I am absolutely terrible at anything to do with Sniping and/or Slayer...ing. So the Shotty thing is meh for me. I don't quite understand the need to change VIP as it wasn't that difficult a game type to begin with. I've never been huge into VIP as it is anyhow, but it never felt "heated" enough to justify the need for this change. But eh, no biggie.

If anyone feels like adding me by the by, my gamertag is in das sig. I need people to play with who don't make me want to claw out my eyes.

bean19
10-09-2007, 04:28 PM
These are all changes I oppose. ;)

I probably have more in common with the game developer's tastes than the average joe. At least, I am telling myself this.

captainstrombosis
10-09-2007, 04:32 PM

You do realise we had news threads for things like WoW and BF2 patches, right?

H1PO
10-09-2007, 04:45 PM
Oh god, every complaint I had about this game, fixed!!! I <3 you Bungie. I would give you a high five if you were a person.

Feltoar
10-09-2007, 05:33 PM
In the Team Slayer playlist, the appearance of Shotty Snipers has been greatly reduced.
THANKYOU! I played for an hour and a half last night and played almost entirely Shotty Snipers. I even quit several times out of frustration but another Shotty game was waiting for me.

All of those changes are fantastic though. They shall improve the game for all!

TheDudeOnTheCouch
10-09-2007, 05:37 PM
Prayers Answered? Check.

RestlessAvenger
10-09-2007, 05:38 PM
Good on them. The Shotty Snipers change is a godsend (although the games did improve my sniping skill as I usually just ignored the Sniper Rifle entirely.

Does Bungie have a listing of what is in the rotation for the playlists similar to what was offered in Halo 3. I was digging around the site the other day and couldn't find it anywhere.

Shjinta
10-09-2007, 06:13 PM
I hated Shotty Snipers. So I'm happy with the change. Looks good so far. I'd still like to see all the maps. I've only seen like 4-5 out of the 11

Gott
10-09-2007, 06:43 PM
that's what's so great about Bungie and Halo...they are constantly changing things up. Can'y wait until the new dashboard update and clans (fingers crossed)

Wokapto
10-09-2007, 07:03 PM
I like shotty snipers, the sniper rifle is the weapon I'm best with. The VIP change seems like it will make it nearly impossible for the defending team to win.

Edit: I would like to see the maps used a little more evenly, seems like I play the same 4 or 5 over and over.

Durka-Dan
10-09-2007, 07:53 PM
You do realise we had news threads for things like WoW and BF2 patches, right?

That's still no reason why it can't be posted in its place. It's not like we have a WOW thread or a Halo 3 thread. :rolleyes:

JDMig
10-09-2007, 09:04 PM
Gee, how about letting you fucking matchmake for playing the campaign in Co-op with random players instead of only being able to play with people on your buddies list? What is the point of not doing that? I can see why some people wouldn't want to play with random people in co-op, but if your damn friends aren't online, wtf, give people the option.

Also that is what the family-friendly bullshit areas of Live are for, let me fucking play who I want for what I want.

Also is anyone else not a big fan of the whole way the online is setup? I mean, why the hell did they not include lobbies so you can pick certain games? Yeah lobbies suck sometimes (can be confusing if too many games, etc), but again, then you include the same matchmaking feature ("quickmatch") for people who don't want to go through the lobbies.

Honestly, what the hell, all these years of dev. with the series and they couldn't get this basic shit implemented in properly?

markster3000
10-09-2007, 10:14 PM
Still no way to play Rocket Race with people other than your friends list?

Don't care.

YES.

(also... I was good at shotty snipers... :( )

Feltoar
10-09-2007, 10:50 PM
Gee, how about letting you fucking matchmake for playing the campaign in Co-op with random players instead of only being able to play with people on your buddies list? What is the point of not doing that? I can see why some people wouldn't want to play with random people in co-op, but if your damn friends aren't online, wtf, give people the option.
You know you can play online with people in your recent players list as well?

Wolvie
10-10-2007, 12:14 AM
Shotty Snipers is the only game mode I'm any good at:(

No shit, for the sake of my pride, keep shotty snipers! The odd thing is, in past Halo games I sucked with the sniper rifle... now I kick ass with it in Halo 3, fuckin weird as hell man.

spacemanspiff757
10-10-2007, 06:00 AM
not a big fan of shotty snipers either. But for some reason, three of the 6 ranked Team Slayer games I played last night where that gametype...hmmm, some change..

General Ewok
10-10-2007, 06:43 AM
This is so awesome, now my entire clan can practice together on one team in BTB ^_^

CptTripps
10-10-2007, 09:34 AM
That's still no reason why it can't be posted in its place. It's not like we have a WOW thread or a Halo 3 thread. :rolleyes:

It's a news site, this is news. If you are not aware, many EvAv'ers only read the first page to get the latest info. I did that for 2 years before finally subscribing/getting into the meat of what to me is the best part of EvAv. Not everyone wants to wade through all our bullshit though.

Pluvious
10-10-2007, 11:33 AM
They didn't address my biggest gripe. The rank system sucks. Whatever 'level' you are it always matches you up with people that are twice to three times better then you when they are filling out the player list. Going up against Majors when you're a little Sargent is just not fun. And to make it worse.. the last players in are the top players so they always end up on the other side and it makes the teams unbalanced.

JDMig
10-10-2007, 10:09 PM
You know you can play online with people in your recent players list as well?

Yes, sorry you are right I forgot to mention that.

But that is still lame...

DeathtollWRX
10-10-2007, 10:26 PM
I'm pretty good at shotty snipers but I hate the gametype. It's not Halo 3 unless it's all standard weapons. The game is better then ever.