PDA

View Full Version : 40 PS3 Titles Playable at TGS

bapenguin
09-04-2007, 11:44 AM
According to Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2007/09/04/forty-ps3-titles-to-be-playable-at-tgs/), Sony will have 40 playable titles at the upcoming Tokyo Game Show on September 20th to 23rd.

Some notable titles include the artistic puzzle game Echochrome, and unannounced title from Q Entertainment, Little Big Planet, and White Knight. Notably absent from the lineup is Metal Gear Solid 4 which is set for an early release next year.

Check the full list after the break.

bapenguin
09-04-2007, 11:44 AM
* Record of Agarest War (Idea Factory)
* Spiderman 3 (Activision)
* Transformers (Activision)
* Pirates of the Caribbean World End (Disney)
* FIFA 2008 (EA)
* NBA Live 08 (EA)
* Need For Speed Pro Street (EA)
* Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (EA)
* Railfan Taiwan Koutetsu (Ongakkan)
* Devil May Cry 4 (Capcom)
* PixelJunk Racers (Q Games)
* Unannounced Title (Q Entertainment)
* G1 Jockey 4 2007 (Koei)
* Dynasty Warriors 6 (Koei)
* The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion (Spike)
* Tony Hawk Project 8 (Spike)
* Sega Rally (Sega)
* Inabikisou (Sega)
* Oideyo LocoRoco!! Buu Buu Cocoreccho (Sony)
* Eye of Judgment Biolith Rebellion (Sony)
* Echochrome (Sony)
* Go! Sports Ski (Sony)
* Heavenly Sword (Sony)
* LittleBigPlanet (Sony)
* Rise From Lair (Sony)
* Warhawk (Sony)
* Uncharted (Sony)
* Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (Sony)
* Mainichi Isyo (Sony)
* Ratchet & Clank Future (Sony)
* White Knight Story (Sony)
* Ratatouille (THQ Japan)
* Dark Sector (D3 Publisher)
* Time Crisis 4 (Bandai Namco Games)
* Assassin's Creed (Ubisoft)
* Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter 2 (Ubisoft)

UnderHero5
09-04-2007, 11:49 AM
Nice.
I want the LittleBigPlanet demo to come out, damn it!!

Philonious
09-04-2007, 11:50 AM
Has we seen anything from White Knight Story since the first trailer? That thing looks beautiful, and the team is on a roll.

Gorvi
09-04-2007, 11:50 AM
Games of personal interest:
* Record of Agarest War (Idea Factory)
* Devil May Cry 4 (Capcom)
* PixelJunk Racers (Q Games)
* Unannounced Title (Q Entertainment)
* Sega Rally (Sega)
* Oideyo LocoRoco!! Buu Buu Cocoreccho (Sony)
* Echochrome (Sony)
* Go! Sports Ski (Sony)
* LittleBigPlanet (Sony)
* Uncharted (Sony)
* Ratchet & Clank Future (Sony)
* White Knight Story (Sony)
* Dark Sector (D3 Publisher)
* Time Crisis 4 (Bandai Namco Games)
I really hope Record of Agarest War actually gets localized, but I'll import it if I have to. I can't get enough of the whole tactical RPG thing. And dammit, there had better be a downloadable demo for White Knight Story, or heads will roll. Ok, maybe not, but that'd suck. Also, info on the LBP open beta would be nice.

violentp
09-04-2007, 11:53 AM
Has we seen anything from White Knight Story since the first trailer? That thing looks beautiful, and the team is on a roll.

Theres a second trailer on the Japanese PSN store.

More White Knight please!

biosc1
09-04-2007, 12:10 PM
Forty games sounds impressive, but when you break it down, there is not a lot new there. Quite a few of those titles are already released or typical EA games.

Of course, Uncharted and Ratchet are two I want to see for sure. Sega Rally, too, because you can't get enough rally games ;)

I was curious to see what "Rise from Lair" was, but now see it is just a renamed "Lair".

Telefrog
09-04-2007, 12:34 PM
Forty games sounds impressive, but when you break it down, there is not a lot new there. Quite a few of those titles are already released or typical EA games.

Exactly what I was thinking when I looked the list over. It would be like MS bragging about having Blue Dragon, Gears of War, and Dead Rising playable at the show.

Kamalot
09-04-2007, 12:35 PM
I was about to come in here and applaud the ability to have 40 new and upcoming titles available for play. But, like you, I come to see that a huge portion of the list is already available or multiplatform. Oh well.

I DO want to get my hands on White Knight Story.

Kamalot
09-04-2007, 12:38 PM
Exactly what I was thinking when I looked the list over. It would be like MS bragging about having Blue Dragon, Gears of War, and Dead Rising playable at the show.

Actually, it would be more like Microsoft bragging about having Spiderman 3, Transformers, and Pirates of the Caribbean World End playable at the show. :rolleyes:

Gorvi
09-04-2007, 12:41 PM
Or, you know, you guys could realize that these games aren't out in Japan yet and this is a Japanese show? Maybe they're catering to the Japanese audience that hasn't played these yet?

EDIT: Also, that list is only 36 games long. They said that there will be 4 more unannounced games there in playable form.

Gpig
09-04-2007, 12:46 PM
I'm really excited for the Q entertainment announcement. They've been kind of lackluster lately but I think they have the potential to make something else incredible.

I'm hoping Uncharted gets good impressions at the show because I want something to buy for the ps3 and I'm not paying $60 for a Ratchet game because I'm too used to paying $20 for them

Kamalot
09-04-2007, 12:46 PM
Or, you know, you guys could realize that these games aren't out in Japan yet and this is a Japanese show? Maybe they're catering to the Japanese audience that hasn't played these yet?

Good point that I hadn't considered. Are games like NBA Live 08, Spiderman 3, and Pirates of the Caribbean big in Japan?

Gorvi
09-04-2007, 12:48 PM
Good point that I hadn't considered. Are games like NBA Live 08, Spiderman 3, and Pirates of the Caribbean big in Japan?
I'd really doubt the NBA game is all that popular, but then again, maybe the Japanese are nuts for basketball and I don't know it. As far as crappy licensed games, there's unfortunately a market for that garbage everywhere.

silv
09-04-2007, 12:55 PM
No Killzone 2? I thought it was mostly done and coming out soon.

DangerousDaze
09-04-2007, 01:05 PM
I was about to come in here and applaud the ability to have 40 new and upcoming titles available for play. But, like you, I come to see that a huge portion of the list is already available or multiplatform. Oh well.

I DO want to get my hands on White Knight Story.

Good to see you back, Kam! :)

Gorvi
09-04-2007, 01:10 PM
The game is in it's alpha stages, it probably won't be out until mid next year. That's what they were saying at E3 anyway (development stage, not release timeframe).

sprankton
09-04-2007, 01:14 PM
* Spiderman 3 (Activision)
* Transformers (Activision)
* Pirates of the Caribbean World End (Disney)
* Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (EA)
* The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion (Spike)
* Tony Hawk Project 8 (Spike)
* Ratatouille (THQ Japan)
* Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter 2 (Ubisoft)

Thank god, I have been waiting for these....

Anyway, if Assassins Creed is playable, thats really clutch.

Sandman
09-04-2007, 01:23 PM
Either Eye of Judgment just got a subtitle or the first expansion pack will be at TGS.

Gott
09-04-2007, 01:31 PM
Is 40 a lot when they include Graw2, Spiderman3, Harry potter, project 8, Warhawk, heavenly Sword, and Pirates of the Caribean?

These games are either out already on the PS3 or have been out on the 360 for months...

Sandman
09-04-2007, 01:39 PM
Is 40 a lot when they include Graw2, Spiderman3, Harry potter, project 8, Warhawk, heavenly Sword, and Pirates of the Caribean?

These games are either out already on the PS3 or have been out on the 360 for months...

You've got to think though : this is for Japan, have those games come out in Japan yet and if so how long have they been out?

UnderHero5
09-04-2007, 01:40 PM

Are they out in Japan? Like Gorvi said, this is the Tokyo Game Show we're talking about.

To my knowledge, Heavenly Sword hasn't been released anywhere, yet.

Besides, no one ever said they were new games, or games that no one has played. It just say's there are 40 games playable there.

Edit: According to the release list at *shudders* Gamefaqs, none of those games are out yet in Japan.

Kamalot
09-04-2007, 02:01 PM

That's what Sony wants people to think, that their big-name title is right around the corner. Perhaps some time in 2008... maybe.

Gorvi
09-04-2007, 02:05 PM
That's what Sony wants people to think, that their big-name title is right around the corner. Perhaps some time in 2008... maybe.
How so? All they've said is 2008. Or did they imply somewhere that it'd be out in January?

Hellbug
09-04-2007, 02:07 PM
Oh, Assasin's Creed! I would kill for a demo of that!

Morangie
09-04-2007, 02:14 PM
Oh, Assasin's Creed! I would kill for a demo of that!
Ubisoft already confirmed (http://www.joystiq.com/2007/07/11/ubisoft-no-demo-for-assassins-creed/) they won't be releasing a demo for us, so you may have to. :)

KingGorilla
09-04-2007, 02:20 PM
Just don't kill Jade, I have plans for her...heh heh heh.

violentp
09-04-2007, 02:23 PM
Give me Echochrome and some White Knight and I will get into a fight with everyone I know to ensure peace for a year.

TrackZero
09-04-2007, 02:27 PM
Time for me to go update their wikipedia entry noting that they'll only have "4 games at TGS".

LostToys
09-04-2007, 02:47 PM
Well, the Wikipedia entry is correct if they meant "4 UNANNOUNCED games at TGS".

Siraris
09-04-2007, 03:00 PM
Does anyone really think they are going to list new unannounced games on there?

Podfork
09-04-2007, 03:03 PM

Gee. It's like you were never away!

Yes folks: Sony presenting games at a show = BAD! and Sony not presenting games at a show = BAD!

On an entirely related note, anyone see the Wii stand at Leipzig?

Squidbot
09-04-2007, 03:05 PM
Only three games on there, that aren't on 360, that I give a shit about. Come on Sony, give me more reasons to buy a PS3!

Johan
09-04-2007, 03:08 PM
Only three games on there, that aren't on 360, that I give a shit about. Come on Sony, give me more reasons to buy a PS3!

Sony: "NO!"

Narcissus
09-04-2007, 03:12 PM
I honestly can't find one game on this list that I'm interested in.

I've grown so old and jaded. :mad:

BlackPete
09-04-2007, 03:13 PM
White Knight Story and LBP are must-buys for me. No questions asked. Heavenly Sword I'll wait till it hits the bargain bin. The rest are just meh...

DangerousDaze
09-04-2007, 03:16 PM
I honestly can't find one game on this list that I'm interested in.

I've grown so old and jaded. :mad:

You mean you're not excited at a deep visceral level by "Unannounced Title"? That shit is hot.

Gott
09-04-2007, 03:19 PM
White Knight Story and LBP are must-buys for me. No questions asked. Heavenly Sword I'll wait till it hits the bargain bin. The rest are just meh...

Well Lair and Heavenly Sword were touted as "Must Buys" before they got reviewed...if owned a ps3 I wouldn't buy any of their games until they got reviewed, no matter how desperate i was to validate my purchase of the system.

Narcissus
09-04-2007, 03:25 PM
You mean you're not excited at a deep visceral level by "Unannounced Title"? That shit is hot.
Would that be the 360's big hit lined up for next year? I can't, for the life of me, think of anything that's been announced for that camp for 2008.

GTA? Uhh... Help me out here.

Squidbot
09-04-2007, 03:28 PM
Sony: "NO!"

Actually, I believe the official line goes:
"Not providing games that Squidbots want to play is good for business."

DangerousDaze
09-04-2007, 03:42 PM
* Mainichi Isyo (Sony) - CHING CHONG CHINAMAN COVERED IN SHIT

Ching Chong Chinaman covered in shit? You've really surpassed yourself there. Congratulations.

Gorvi
09-04-2007, 04:11 PM
easi, not only did you just prove that you're a complete and utter jackass, but now you're a racist. Barvo, man, you've sunk to a new low for yourself on this site. Now fuck off. You bring nothing to the table.

Grimmjow
09-04-2007, 04:29 PM
Yawn...

@ the same comments over and over, where is my entertainment EvAv :(

easi
09-04-2007, 04:40 PM
easi, not only did you just prove that you're a complete and utter jackass, but now you're a racist. Barvo, man, you've sunk to a new low for yourself on this site. Now fuck off. You bring nothing to the table.

Is Ricky Gervais a racist too then?

Also, lol @ this "bringing to the table" crap you and Siraris keep bleating on about. If people want to make irreverant comments that's just as valid as the reams of high-minded pseudo-intellectual fluff floating around.

BlackPete
09-04-2007, 05:34 PM

Also, lol @ this "bringing to the table" crap you and Siraris keep bleating on about. If people want to make irreverant comments that's just as valid as the reams of high-minded pseudo-intellectual fluff floating around.

You might as well lump me in with them then. Your posts have zero intellectual nutritional value. All you're basically doing is throwing about wild insults that come nowhere near having a point (either in this dimension or the next).

You hate the PS3. We get it. But if the best you can do is call people names like a 3 year old then kindly shut the hell up, mmmkay?

BlackPete
09-04-2007, 05:41 PM
Well Lair and Heavenly Sword were touted as "Must Buys" before they got reviewed...if owned a ps3 I wouldn't buy any of their games until they got reviewed, no matter how desperate i was to validate my purchase of the system.

Oh absolutely. If WKS actually bombs in reviews, then it'll no longer be a "must buy" for me -- although I'll be surprised if that happens.

I'm a hardcore RPG nut, so it'll take seriously bad reviews to change my mind (anything below 70). However, considering who's developing this game... that really seems unlikely :)

LBP could very well end up being a glorified tech demo, but that's fine as long as I can play around with the level editor.

biosc1
09-04-2007, 05:45 PM

Yes, he is.

carnage11
09-04-2007, 05:57 PM
So wasn't Sony supposed to have like 300 some-odd games come out before Spring of 2008? This garbage of a list does not suffice. As it stands right now, if I had a Sony PS3 and a Sega Dreamcast sitting in front of me I would pick the Sega Dreamcast. At least the Dreamcast has some value.

I swear Sony is playing a very long April Fool's joke on everyone. Pretty soon they'll drop the curtains and say "SURPRISE! We have games!!"

"whoops made ya look....":p

violentp
09-04-2007, 06:03 PM
So wasn't Sony supposed to have like 300 some-odd games come out before Spring of 2008? This garbage of a list does not suffice. As it stands right now, if I had a Sony PS3 and a Sega Dreamcast sitting in front of me I would pick the Sega Dreamcast. At least the Dreamcast has some value.

I swear Sony is playing a very long April Fool's joke on everyone. Pretty soon they'll drop the curtains and say "SURPRISE! We have games!!"

"whoops made ya look....":p

That or a chain of burger joints.

Sloth
09-04-2007, 08:29 PM
The sony hate sustains me. i want moar!

Telefrog
09-04-2007, 08:32 PM
Congratulations, easi. You have become the one and only resident of my ignore list.

Twigz'N'Berries
09-04-2007, 08:41 PM
* Record of Agarest War (Idea Factory):)
* Need For Speed Pro Street (EA):confused:
* PixelJunk Racers (Q Games):)
* Unannounced Title (Q Entertainment):confused:
* G1 Jockey 4 2007 (Koei):D
* Dynasty Warriors 6 (Koei):confused:
* Inabikisou (Sega):D
* Oideyo LocoRoco!! Buu Buu Cocoreccho (Sony):D
* Eye of Judgment Biolith Rebellion (Sony):)
* Echochrome (Sony):)
* Go! Sports Ski (Sony):)
* Heavenly Sword (Sony):)
* LittleBigPlanet (Sony):)
* Rise From Lair (Sony):)
* Warhawk (Sony):)
* Uncharted (Sony):)
* Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (Sony):)
* Mainichi Isyo (Sony):D
* Ratchet & Clank Future (Sony):)
* White Knight Story (Sony):)

:) = Likely US Release PS3 exclusive
:D = Japanese Release PS3 exclusive
:confused: = Multi Version possible

11 Exclusives...possibly a few more. Not bad Sony.

Chris_D
09-04-2007, 08:46 PM
Edit: According to the release list at *shudders* Gamefaqs, none of those games are out yet in Japan.

I thought I saw Oblivion PS3 on the shelves already a few weeks back, but maybe it was the 360 version?

Twigz'N'Berries
09-04-2007, 08:57 PM
By the way, I went to Fry's Electronics and they had at least 45 of the 60 gb and 50 of the 80gb PS3s. I was about to buy a PS3 until I went to select a game to go along with it.

...I couldn't find a title to make me justify my purchase. I want to by the 60gb with the actual PS2 chip in it, but I need games to play on the PS3.

Chris_D
09-04-2007, 09:04 PM
It might be a little iffy, but if you wait for the inevitable 80g model price drop to $500 around November, then maybe there will be a few stores dumping their remaining 60g stock for 400-450?

Skyelan
09-04-2007, 10:01 PM
Congratulations, easi. You have become the one and only resident of my ignore list.

Point A: Really? The ONLY one? Wow, you've got some tolerance. I've got about eight.
Point B: It took you THIS LONG? Wow. Tolerance, man.

KingGorilla
09-04-2007, 10:18 PM
/squelch Telefrog.

BlackPete
09-04-2007, 10:24 PM
Point A: Really? The ONLY one? Wow, you've got some tolerance. I've got about eight.
Point B: It took you THIS LONG? Wow. Tolerance, man.

I still don't have anyone in my ignore list :D Maybe I'm just nuts.

Although sometimes I wonder if I'm on someone's ignore list...

violentp
09-04-2007, 10:52 PM
0 on my ignore list. I love a good fight.

Skyelan
09-04-2007, 10:58 PM
0 on my ignore list. I love a good fight.

That's the whole reason for mine. There are good fights (See: Almost everyone), and then there's fights where you feel like you're shoving a kid out of his wheelchair.

Yeah, I mean, you're fighting, but you sure don't feel proud about it.

violentp
09-04-2007, 11:02 PM
and then there's fights where you feel like you're shoving a kid out of his wheelchair.

That's pretty fucking funny right there. Morality tells me I should feel that.

trent0090
09-05-2007, 12:29 AM
Well a few of those games look fun, but to tote movie licensed movies I think is a bit of a stretch. Everyone knows you are going to have them, it's like a car company saying look we have also have seatbelt s. The Ps3 is like the Xbox when it first came out. It has power under the hood and potential but nothing worth getting yet. I guess there is always next year with the bigger and cheaper hard drive for the Ps3.

Sobran
09-05-2007, 05:35 AM
Anyway, if Assassins Creed is playable, thats really clutch.

Okay, a little late to be asking but... what? I seem to have lost my translator.

Also, this game could be what finally makes me purchase a 360. Well, that and Blue Dragon. Oh. And Chromehounds. Completely off topic: are there still people playing that game? I know it was kind of a sleeper.

DangerousDaze
09-05-2007, 06:12 AM
Okay, a little late to be asking but... what? I seem to have lost my translator.

The Urban Dictionary defines clutch (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=clutch) as:

Great, Essential, and Potent rolled into a single word. Clutch is also used to describe something that is done, not something that is.

Stealing your orange soda was so clutch.

Pulling the special move on Jenna was clutch.

Kamalot
09-05-2007, 08:06 AM
Oh absolutely. If WKS actually bombs in reviews, then it'll no longer be a "must buy" for me -- although I'll be surprised if that happens.

I'm a hardcore RPG nut, so it'll take seriously bad reviews to change my mind (anything below 70). However, considering who's developing this game... that really seems unlikely :)

Blue Dragon was a "Must Buy" for me as well, based on the dream team of classic developers working on the project. However, the demo changed my mind taking it from "Must Buy" to "Maybe next time there's a dry spell and I can pick it up used for $25."

Just because the name of a person or team is on the game does NOT mean that the game will meet expectations. Before the PSP, anything with "Playstation" in the title was a must-buy for a lot of people

Gorvi
09-05-2007, 08:10 AM
Blue Dragon was a "Must Buy" for me as well, based on the dream team of classic developers working on the project. However, the demo changed my mind taking it from "Must Buy" to "Maybe next time there's a dry spell and I can pick it up used for $25."

Just because the name of a person or team is on the game does NOT mean that the game will meet expectations. Before the PSP, anything with "Playstation" in the title was a must-buy for a lot of people
And with the PSP's lineup, it still should be.

Besides, anyone paying attention to the develpment of Blue Dragon should have been cautious. Mistwalker was just doing the overall design, they weren't actually making the game, that was Artoon (creaters of the Blinx series, for the unknowing). Level 5 is quite a bit better (and more reliable) than that.

Morangie
09-05-2007, 10:37 AM
Would that be the 360's big hit lined up for next year? I can't, for the life of me, think of anything that's been announced for that camp for 2008.

GTA? Uhh... Help me out here.
You'll still be catching up on all the 360 titles from this year. ;)

11 Exclusives...possibly a few more. Not bad Sony.
Perhaps you should check out the name of the publisher next to the games. I don't think the Sony published games are "likely" PS3 exclusives, do you?

And of those, one is Lair, one is the 6 hour long Heavenly Sword, one is an expansion pack, one is a free demo and one is a downloadable puzzle game.

BlackPete
09-05-2007, 11:45 AM

Gorvi covered this point already, so I'm not too worried about WKS :) I honestly don't care what platform it comes out, we need a good RPG soon!