PDA

View Full Version : Eternal Sonata Official Site; Pre-Order Bonus

EvilBob46
06-30-2007, 09:47 AM
Namco has launched the official English Eternal Sonata Site (http://eternalsonata.namcobandaigames.com/). In addition, they've revealed the Pre-Order bonus for the game: 1 of 5 custom Eternal Sonata faceplates. You can take a look at those here (http://eternalsonata.namcobandaigames.com/images/faceplates_large_640x480.jpg). Check the official site for more info.

The US version is scheduled to come out in September.

bean19
06-30-2007, 11:54 AM
I don't stand my 360 vertically, otherwise I'd want one of the faceplates. . . well, as long as I could get the main character or the little boy (Beat, I think). The main female character is cool art too, but too feminine to decorate my 360 with and I don't like the magician boy that much (too pretty. . .) and I don't like the art on the cheerful girls.

mkelehan
06-30-2007, 12:16 PM
I wish I could get those faceplates without the characters. I mean, I like the character designs and all, but those landscapes are the type of ambiance I like in a faceplate. I'm currently using the Asia-exclusive Water Puzzle (http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-2tq-71-dg-49-en-15-water+puzzle-84-j-70-11xj.html).

Spigot
06-30-2007, 02:06 PM
Ah, that site is very pretty. I saw it this morning when I got the notification from Namco.

I'd like to get one of those faceplates and I'm definately preordering this... I just don't stand my 360 vertically. Hopefully it won't look that bad on its side.

The trailer looks gorgous.

Camel
06-30-2007, 02:09 PM
Too bad they're not just the backgrounds, some of those look pretty cool!

Not that I have a problem with the character design or anything, I would just prefer the backgrounds.

Spigot
06-30-2007, 03:19 PM
Too bad they're not just the backgrounds, some of those look pretty cool!

Not that I have a problem with the character design or anything, I would just prefer the backgrounds.Aye. I like the character design but if it was just the background then it wouldn't matter what orientation your 360 was.

I think I'm officially more stoked for this game than Blue Dragon. There, I said it.

EWolfmanD
06-30-2007, 04:35 PM
I think I'm officially more stoked for this game than Blue Dragon. There, I said it.

I've been looking forward to this game more than Blue Dragon ever since I saw the first trailer for Trusty Bell and fell in love with the art style. I think I'll enjoy Blue Dragon, but I'm not really into the art style used in that game while Eternal Sonata is probably one of the most beautiful looking games I've seen. Playing the demo on the 360 only made me look forward to it even more.

flinxz
06-30-2007, 04:58 PM
Group me up with the mass majority of you guys. Cool looking, but I donít stand my 360 up.

menage
06-30-2007, 08:22 PM
Damn, Can we have those in Europe as well. I was going to buy anyway:)

T-Rex Commando
06-30-2007, 08:55 PM
Looks pretty good, however the Halo faceplate already in place on my 360 will never be removed.

DeathtollWRX
06-30-2007, 09:24 PM
OMFG! That trailer blew me away. This has suddenly become a must buy!

Is the game still doing well in Japan? I'm sure it will grab alot of attention here.

JimmyDanger
06-30-2007, 10:51 PM
Group me up with the mass majority of you guys. Cool looking, but I donít stand my 360 up.

Another for that boat of horizontally inclined 360 placers.

I use this one at the moment - http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-dg-49-en-15-fifa%2Bfaceplate-70-1ibu.html

I'd still preorder the game anyway, but a free faceplate would be sweet incentive regardless of it's x/y axis bearing as I could just sit it up elsewhere and look at the purty pictures - wonder if they'll be offering these faceplates as a preorder bonus in PAL territories as well?

Rirath
07-01-2007, 12:42 AM
I still wish this had the Japanese voice track. (Does it?)
Apparently the VA for Haruhi is in the cast.

Rirath
07-01-2007, 12:43 AM
I think I'll enjoy Blue Dragon, but I'm not really into the art style used in that game

I'm fine with everything except the plain blue spirit things. Why the heck do they look like untextured models?

StickyGreen
07-01-2007, 02:10 AM
If you haven't already, create a Japan XBL account and download the demo. Quite a good little game.

Norse
07-01-2007, 02:39 AM
Normally I don't care for JRPGs, but after playing the demo I might decide to buy this game. I find it far more interesting than Blue Dragon and the visuals are incredible.

Majster Wichajster
07-01-2007, 03:41 AM
I still wish this had the Japanese voice track. (Does it?)
Apparently, Aya Hirano the VA for Haruhi is in the cast.

Fixed. I am not sure whether she is in the cast, so don't lynch me if I'm wrong (read: the message was too short).

Rirath
07-01-2007, 07:11 AM
Fixed. I am not sure whether she is in the cast, so don't lynch me if I'm wrong (read: the message was too short).

Yes, I know who she is. :p

Stoke_Ydral
07-01-2007, 10:25 AM
Yep, she is Polka. (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=6581)