PDA

View Full Version : Playstation Network Downloads (6/21)

bapenguin
06-21-2007, 11:19 AM
We have a free update for MotorStorm featuring a new game mode as well as two PS1 Games playable on both the PS3 or PSP. And to top things off a movie trailer for The Heartbreak Kid.

MotorStorm Time Attack (free): See if you’ve got what it takes to set the pace by downloading the new MotorStorm Time Attack mode. Race against the clock to set the best possible lap times on each of the tracks, then check out the global leader boards to see how fast you really are. Create and share ghost car laps that you can race with to improve your skill, or show off your technique to the world.

Hot Shots Golf 2 ($5.99*): Put on some plaid pants and head out to the course in Hot Shots Golf 2.

CoolBoarders ($5.99*): CoolBoarders presents a most awesome and excellent challenge: to out-shred the best boarders on the pro circuit.

The Heartbreak Kid Trailer (free): Download a new trailer for the upcoming comedy, The Heartbreak Kid.

Nothing too exciting here. Where's Super Stardust HD damn it!

Gorvi
06-21-2007, 11:22 AM
Ugh, shit again. Those PS1 games aren't new, by the way. They're updates for the 2 remaining PS1 games that weren't playable on the PS3. This is over 2 months now with no new PS1 games added. Pathetic Sony, this is just pathetic.

At least Super Stardust HD should be out next week.

Kamalot
06-21-2007, 11:23 AM
Why isn't there a news story every time a trailer or retro title is added to the Live marketplace. Usually, I learn about them from the forums, not from front-page news.

If there is "Nothing too exciting here" can't we just post it to the forums?

Gorvi
06-21-2007, 11:26 AM
Why isn't there a news story every time a trailer or retro title is added to the Live marketplace. Usually, I learn about them from the forums, not from front-page news.

There is, actually. Normally a "X game is coming Wednesday" post, then on Wednesday "X game now available".

Kamalot
06-21-2007, 11:30 AM
There is, actually. Normally a "X game is coming Wednesday" post, then on Wednesday "X game now available".
Demos, I can understand, as they are fairly substantial. Hotly anticipated games I could also see getting their own news. But this is weak. Perhaps Sony sends out the announcements because they want us in here talking about how weak the offering is?

It is probably in Sony's best interest to just keep quiet about 'releases' like these.

Toot your horn when you have something to say, not when you are gonna disappoint people.

CaptStu
06-21-2007, 11:37 AM
Fight mods! Fight!

Gorvi
06-21-2007, 11:37 AM
Well, they do this every week, they update on Thursdays and send out a press release. That being said, I agree, when they have worthless updates like this, they're probably better off just putting the stuff up and being quiet about it.

TrackZero
06-21-2007, 11:52 AM
Well this weeks updates sound better than last weeks at least.

TrackZero
06-21-2007, 11:54 AM

Sounds like you're volunteering to compose a weekly marketplace release list... ;)

Gorvi
06-21-2007, 11:55 AM
Well this weeks updates sound better than last weeks at least.
That's like saying a punch in the gut is better than a poke in the eye with sharp stick. Stop trying to spin this in a good way, ya damn Sony fanboy!
This post is for entertainment purposes only, not for internal use. If burning persists, call your physician immediatly.

Kamalot
06-21-2007, 11:57 AM
Sounds like you're volunteering to compose a weekly marketplace release list... ;)
I tried going through some of the movies and TV that are on the marketplace the other day and was astonished how much stuff was out there. It is almost getting to the point where it is too much of a good thing.

If I were to make a complete marketplace list every week, it would be a full-time job.

Grimmjow
06-21-2007, 11:58 AM
That's like saying a punch in the gut is better than a poke in the eye with sharp stick. Stop trying to spin this in a good way, ya damn Sony fanboy!
This post is for entertainment purposes only, not for internal use. If burning persists, call your physician immediatly.

LOL

that actually made me laugh.

Kamalot
06-21-2007, 11:58 AM
I'd rather have the punch in the gut please. :D

BrainDrain
06-21-2007, 11:59 AM
http://majornelson.com/ -- He usually has something about demos, arcade titles, movies etc. being released.

Kamalot
06-21-2007, 12:03 PM
Speaking of Motorstorm, I also read that Japan finally got the online component for Motorstorm (http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=18232) weighing in at a 550 MB download.

Gorvi
06-21-2007, 12:03 PM
I also read that Japan finally got the online component for Motorstorm (http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=18232) weighing in at a 550 MB download.
Yep, for all 20k people that actually bought Motorstorm in Japan, I'm sure they're thrilled. ;)

Kamalot
06-21-2007, 12:06 PM
Yep, for all 20k people that actually bought Motorstorm in Japan, I'm sure they're thrilled. ;)
*sigh*

Why do you have to crap on my good Sony news? Take your PS3 hate somewhere else.

;-)

violentp
06-21-2007, 12:11 PM
Solid. I actually purchased Hot Shots but never played it on my PSP. Now I don't have to spend $60 on Tiger Woods.

KidCactus
06-21-2007, 12:20 PM
Yep, for all 20k people that actually bought Motorstorm in Japan, I'm sure they're thrilled.*sigh*

Why do you have to crap on my good Sony news? Take your PS3 hate somewhere else.

;-)
Did I make a wrong turn somewhere, and ended up in the twilight zone? :D

Apparently the Motorstorm update was available last week for the EU version of the game, even though the date was pushed back on the US version due to some bug.

bapenguin
06-21-2007, 12:46 PM
I tried going through some of the movies and TV that are on the marketplace the other day and was astonished how much stuff was out there. It is almost getting to the point where it is too much of a good thing.

If I were to make a complete marketplace list every week, it would be a full-time job.

That's pretty much why we don't do it. It's a daily thing on Live having content added. But on the PS3 it's newsworthy when something...anything gets put up.

LostToys
06-21-2007, 12:46 PM

This is subjective. We should also stop the Monday Wii updates because I find none of the games released "exciting".

These updates are one once a week, every Thursday. It is not a wonton announcement system to "bolster" the perception of the PSN. It does not harm this site to continue to post Thursday updates as a news topic.

Kamalot
06-21-2007, 12:52 PM
This is subjective. We should also stop the Monday Wii updates because I find none of the games released "exciting".

These updates are one once a week, every Thursday. It is not a wonton announcement system to "bolster" the perception of the PSN. It does not harm this site to continue to post Thursday updates as a news topic.
Actually, I'm of the belief that the Wii Virtual Console titles be lumped in with the Weekly Releases thread. Every week there are Wii releases. They are all real games. We don't end up with lame announcements that a freakin' Movie Trailer is now available on the Playstation network.

LostToys
06-21-2007, 12:59 PM
If the movie trailer was put into its own separate news post, then I would have to agree with you. Since the trailer is a part of the whole update, I have no real beef other than me being disappointed in what was actually included this week.

Torgo
06-21-2007, 12:59 PM
Super Stardust HD comes out on June 28th ba.

atariv8
06-21-2007, 01:00 PM
4 down, 366 releases to go...

Gott
06-21-2007, 01:06 PM
Demos, I can understand, as they are fairly substantial. Hotly anticipated games I could also see getting their own news. But this is weak. Perhaps Sony sends out the announcements because they want us in here talking about how weak the offering is?

It is probably in Sony's best interest to just keep quiet about 'releases' like these.

Toot your horn when you have something to say, not when you are gonna disappoint people.

Sony toots a really big horn before they have something to say, and then when they say it people are like

"WTF that was a huge horn you tooted before you had something to say...and all you announced was this? It's not even out yet why are you even announcing it...and you probably won't even put it out when you said you would. That video looks sweet and all but it is cut scenes, and why does each video look worse as it gets closer to the release date? Someone hide that horn from Sony...they have shown they are not responsible enough to use it properly"

Hi Gorvi

Kamalot
06-21-2007, 03:13 PM
Holy crap. The Major Nelson blog highlights a metric crapton of content up on Live.

Surf's Up Demo
Lost Planet Map Pack
3 themes
6 picture packs
24 Films
5 clips and trailers

And that's just since yesterday...

Philonious
06-21-2007, 07:54 PM

I for one was interested in looking up what got added to PSN today and was glad to find it on the frontpage. Same for the weekly Wii releases and XBLA games... The list for the PS3 and Wii are brief enough that it makes sense, demos and full games in the Live Marketplace too. Movies and shows I'm meh about cause we don't get them in Canada, but if someone wants to post that too I'm sure people would be appreciative.