PDA

View Full Version : Devin Hester Makes Madden NFL History, Nobody Cares

ferrarimanf355
04-06-2007, 06:32 PM
Put this GameSpot article under the "slow news day" file. (http://www.gamespot.com/news/6168718.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;1)
Devin Hester, the kick returner for the Chicago Bears, is the first player in the series' history to land a perfect rating in speed. An Electronic Arts representative confirmed to GameSpot a report on ESPN.com saying that Hester was given a 100 rating in speed in the upcoming Madden NFL 08, beating the previous mark of 99 set by Deion Sanders, Charles Woodson, Randy Moss, and others.

"That's just about the best thing you could have told me," Hester told ESPN. "It's an honor. I don't know what to say, really."

Hester tore up opposing special teams last year, returning an NFL-record six kicks for touchdowns in his rookie season. For good measure, he returned the first kickoff of this year's Super Bowl for a touchdown, the first time the feat has ever been accomplished.

That sound you hear is me not caring while I go back to anticipating All-Pro Football 2K8.

rein
04-06-2007, 07:03 PM
Put this GameSpot article under the "slow news day" file. (http://www.gamespot.com/news/6168718.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;1)

That sound you hear is me not caring while I go back to anticipating All-Pro Football 2K8.
..at least you cared enough to send it in as news. I'm not sure I care about Hester but I will be playing Madden.

ferrarimanf355
04-06-2007, 07:07 PM
..at least you cared enough to send it in as news. I'm not sure I care about Hester but I will be playing Madden.
You have to admit, though, that the sarcasm is just awesome. And really, I'm more interested in what Visual Concepts has up their sleeve...

NeoSuplex
04-06-2007, 07:15 PM
Chalk me in as hoping for VC to pull through. They really need this...
NoWhammiesNoWhammiesNoWhammies...

agentgray
04-06-2007, 07:17 PM
Why the guy is not a rusher is beyond me.

Sandman
04-06-2007, 07:31 PM

It's easy to change position to half back. With this announcement everyone will trade for Hester on their season team. I'm surprised they havn't already given a 100 rating to a kicker.

Stooby
04-06-2007, 07:33 PM
The Bears are wanting to put him on the offensive side of the football. They have talked about him being a secondary running back and an outside speed reciever. Hester, on the other hand, doesn't like playing offense. He prefers playing cornerback on defense. This coming season they are expecting him to play a lot more on the offensive side of the football though.

Gorvi
04-06-2007, 07:35 PM
He may have the speed and vision to run back kicks when players are spread across the field, but hitting the hole through an offensive line is something completely different. The knowledge to do it right isn't so easy, and the physical punishment a running back can take throughout the course of a season is something not many players can take.

Johan
04-06-2007, 07:53 PM
Justin Gatlin. Faster.

Will he get a 102 score/rating?

Furious Wang
04-06-2007, 08:27 PM
isn't he the asshole that injured himself during the post touchdown victory celebration?

Knite
04-06-2007, 08:29 PM
isn't he the asshole that injured himself during the post touchdown victory celebration?

Are you thinkng about Gus Ferotte headbutting the end zone stadium wall and knocking himsef practically out? heheh

Kelegacy
04-06-2007, 10:33 PM
Chalk me in as hoping for VC to pull through. They really need this...
NoWhammiesNoWhammiesNoWhammies...
I love seeing this exclusivity thing backfire. It hasn't yet with Madden, but The Show was a bestselling MLB game on the PS2 last year. Those goddamn loopholes...2k must be a bit upset by that.

I like 2k, but they have shown laziness with the exclusivity thing as well. I wish the pro leagues wouldn't sign rights to certain developers. It's horrible for the industry.

Kelegacy
04-06-2007, 10:35 PM
You mean Gramatica (http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/ARI/4694518) ?

MJBuddy
04-07-2007, 01:01 AM
You also have to remember that Hester's holding ability is horrible. A back has to has good hands as well and Hester was equally known for muffing catches.

puglas
04-07-2007, 06:28 AM

You are thinking of Ted Ginn Jr of Ohio State in this years BCS championship. After he scored a scored a TD on the first kickoff of the game, his idiot teammates tackled him and hurt his foot. I think he is just now getting back to full speed.

ferrarimanf355
04-07-2007, 02:27 PM
I wish the pro leagues wouldn't sign rights to certain developers. It's horrible for the industry.
Agreed. :looks at EA's exclusivity deal with NASCAR:

kickmybum
04-08-2007, 03:42 PM
I'm surprised they havn't already given a 100 rating to a kicker.

I doubt any kicker would get a 100 rating. Kickers suck.