PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Gamer: What are you playing?

Jetherik
03-02-2007, 08:50 AM
Right now, I am playing WORK! Not a lot of fun at times, but challenging with all the hoops one must jump through. Otherwise, this weekend I look forward to playing some CoH/V and doing some writing. What are you planning on doing this weekend?

grandepolloloco
03-02-2007, 08:52 AM
Sadly enough I'll be stuck on wow again.. for the 100th week in a row.. god I miss other games but wow is a greedy dirty tramp who doesn't let me play with others.

rpgedgar
Spring vacation for me, which means I get to play games all weekend without the dread of school work on Monday.

Going to spend some time with the Wii, finish up Elebits, and maybe play some Metroid Prime, which btw, I picked up for only $4 at Gamestop.

president_fred
I am playing the writing essays game, 'tis a bit of a grind but supposedly worth it when you are done. May be able to squeeze some sessions of Football Manager 2007 and Psychonauts in between.

Gorvi
03-02-2007, 08:54 AM
I've gotten the strange urge to play Front Mission 3 (or maybe 4) this weekend. I don't know why, but I have a feeling it's the only game I'll be touching if I can get back into it.

Schnoogs
03-02-2007, 08:55 AM
Crackdown...god I fucking love this game

Shadow of the Colossus

SteveRage
03-02-2007, 08:57 AM
gonna be trying out Company of Heroes

torrefaction
03-02-2007, 08:58 AM
Crackdown/Excite Truck. Wanna wrap up Excite truck so I can send it back.

I may start Bully, which I got from GottaPlay.

drdweezle
03-02-2007, 08:59 AM
Lord of the Rings Online for me!

agentgray
03-02-2007, 08:59 AM
Crackdown, Crackdown, and maybe some more Crackdown.

After that, it's Rayman, Excite Truck, Zelda, and Warioware on the Wii. Oh, and I've yet to open Wii Play.

Doctor Setebos
03-02-2007, 09:00 AM
A friend of mine lent me Resident Evil 4 for the Cube, so now that I'm done with Twilight Princess, my Wii will still get some play time until I can pick up SSX Blur.

I'm not a fan of survival horror, though, so we'll see how long RE4 actually stays in the Wii. :D

Sandman
03-02-2007, 09:00 AM
Crackdown and I will push on in God of War.

AspectVoid
03-02-2007, 09:01 AM
I am going to be playing "Clean the Apartment before leaving on business on Sunday." I will be heading up to Canada for a week of business stuff. As such, I will be focused on my Nintendo DS with games such as Phoenix Wright, Hotel Dusk, and Elite Beat Agents while stuck in airports and on airplanes.

Mortis
03-02-2007, 09:01 AM
I'm going to finish up my achievement whoring on the latest rentals and try to finish a couple more things in Crackdown. After that I am going to get back into LotRO, should have a nice bit of rest xp.

Gorvi
03-02-2007, 09:04 AM
Crackdown and I will push on in God of War.

Enjoy those rotating spike pillars near the end of God of War. They made me want to hunt down Dave Jaffe and shove my controller down his throat. :mad:

RestlessAvenger
03-02-2007, 09:04 AM
Tonight I am going to play the "Let's buy a new car" game. (07 Yaris Sport 4-door)
I should be getting SSX Blur in from Gamefly today, so other than driving the new ride, I'll be playing that as well as more Crackdown. I'll probably play a bit more Hotel Dusk, a little Lunar Knights.
I've got NBA Street for the 360 in the pile too as well as R&C Size Matters.

I'm going to finish up my achievement whoring on the latest rentals and try to finish a couple more things in Crackdown.

You are really just leaving the rest of us in the dust with all this whoring.

bapenguin
03-02-2007, 09:05 AM
Crackdown and The Civil War game for the 360 (which is pretty entertaining). I played the Battle of Litte Roundtop (Gettysburg) last night and was amazed at how well it looked and was layed out. I've been there a few times and it was exactly how I remember. Looking forward to Antietam tonight! :)

Also some Elite Beat Agents on the DS.

RestlessAvenger
03-02-2007, 09:06 AM
Crackdown and The Civil War game for the 360 (which is pretty entertaining). I played the Battle of Litte Roundtop (Gettysburg) last night and was amazed at how well it looked and was layed out. I've been there a few times and it was exactly how I remember. Looking forward to Antietam tonight! :)

Also some Elite Beat Agents on the DS.

The Civil War game was a lot of fun. I was really surprised. They took all the right notes from the Call of Duty games.

shunoshi
03-02-2007, 09:12 AM
I'm pretty sure this weekend will consist of Viva Pinata, Wario Ware, Crackdown, maybe some Gears, and some coop Splinter Cell.

menage
03-02-2007, 09:12 AM
I'm playing hangover. Then drunk, then hangover again.

And Okami.

civil_dead
03-02-2007, 09:14 AM
Crackdown and The Civil War game for the 360 (which is pretty entertaining).
Really? The Civil War game is in my Gamefly list, but I keep pushing it down. I'll have to nudge that baby up some.

But Crackdown has me by the balls, Yakuza by the throat and Resistance is whispering sweet nothings in my ear.

Too many games, I tell you. Way too many.

Klade
03-02-2007, 09:15 AM
Jade Empire for the PC all the way for me.

civil_dead
03-02-2007, 09:17 AM
I'm playing hangover. Then drunk, then hangover again.
God I love that game. Though I prefer "very tipsy" to drunk. Enough to grab my female friends by the butt as we wander the streets at 4:00 AM.

darkfairy4587
03-02-2007, 09:19 AM
Right now Im trying to figure out what I want to play I wanna get the new final fantasy so badly and than I'll get back to you on what I am playing

Mortis
03-02-2007, 09:21 AM
Tonight I am going to play the "Let's buy a new car" game. (07 Yaris Sport 4-door)
I should be getting SSX Blur in from Gamefly today, so other than driving the new ride, I'll be playing that as well as more Crackdown. I'll probably play a bit more Hotel Dusk, a little Lunar Knights.
I've got NBA Street for the 360 in the pile too as well as R&C Size Matters.

You are really just leaving the rest of us in the dust with all this whoring.

Grats on the car. I love driving off the lot in a new car, awesome feeling. I had a couple easy games come through after Crackdown so that helped. Let me know how NBA Street turned out, I didn't like the demo but people seem to be digging the final product. I am thinking about adding it to my Q.

Headcase
03-02-2007, 09:31 AM
Sonic Mega Collection. A Wii emulating a Gamecube emulating a Genesis. It's beautiful, don't you think? Especially with 4 rechargeable batteries, to keep a remote and a Wavebird powered for all my Wii/GC/VC needs :)

Cost: $35 new a couple years ago. On the VC, all the games (not including the S&K linked games) would cost $72 US, and they wouldn't include the original manuals in perfect electronic form.

Also, WarioWare and Wii Sports. 2 Gold medals and zero platinums (out of 15) is not a great record... but the training challenges ain't easy regardless of the apparent simplicity of the games.

Kamalot
03-02-2007, 09:31 AM
Crackdown (360)
Excite Truck (Wii)
Hotel Dusk (DS)

EL CABONG
03-02-2007, 09:33 AM
Lost Planet if I can find the time.

Sandman
03-02-2007, 09:34 AM
Enjoy those rotating spike pillars near the end of God of War. They made me want to hunt down Dave Jaffe and shove my controller down his throat. :mad:

If you want a game that will make you want to kill try Izuna on the DS. That game is brutal. Try making it deep into a dungeon, setting off an undetectable trap and getting sent back to town with all your items GONE. And the game save system even works against you so you won't be able to load back into the dungeon with your items.....makes you want to shove your DS where it won't fit.

Gorvi
03-02-2007, 09:37 AM
If you want a game that will make you want to kill try Izuna on the DS. That game is brutal. Try making it deep into a dungeon, setting off an undetectable trap and getting sent back to town with all your items GONE. And the game save system even works against you so you won't be able to load back into the dungeon with your items.....makes you want to shove your DS where it won't fit.

Yeah, I'd heard less than great things about Izuna. I'm kinda glad that I heald of on buying it, both that and Jewel Summoner. :(

uncleslappy
03-02-2007, 09:40 AM
A friend of mine lent me Resident Evil 4 for the Cube, so now that I'm done with Twilight Princess, my Wii will still get some play time until I can pick up SSX Blur.

I'm not a fan of survival horror, though, so we'll see how long RE4 actually stays in the Wii. :D

I guarantee you will be playing that constantly until you beat it. There is something addicting about it - like Tetris addicting.

KlausFlouride
03-02-2007, 09:41 AM
SupCom for me!

Sandman
03-02-2007, 09:42 AM
Yeah, I'd heard less than great things about Izuna. I'm kinda glad that I heald of on buying it, both that and Jewel Summoner. :(

Oh don't get me wrong, it's fun....but it roughs you up, smacks you around and tosses you out on the street like a dirty whore.

uncleslappy
03-02-2007, 09:44 AM
Just picked up Contact this week, so some of that. (I'm stuck at the end of the second dungeon where that archeologist guy comes to take the crystal or whatever they call it. He's standing at the door to the room with the crystal, trying to open it, and I can't do anything after that - can someone help me out here? Gamefaqs just goes right into the boss battle, I must be missing something outrageous)

Also, I got Ocarina of Time (TP is FINALLY DONE!!) on the VC, and I never beat it so I'm going for it. I never had an N64 until about 2 years ago, and I got about half way through on the 64 version and then gave up. The game looks quite good in HD on the VC.

I was also thinking about getting a subscription to Gametap and checking that out.

Shodan2020
03-02-2007, 09:44 AM
Killer 7 for the PS2. I just got it from Gamestop for like $7. It's a fucked up sweet ride. I'll gladly admit right here and now that I'm an unabashed bargain binner. Unless it's a title I know I'll love (like Okami or Fatal Frame) I usually wait out most titles until they are fairly cheap. Usually I manage to pick up a better version of the game for cheaper, like MGS3: Subsistance. I'm so glad I waited on that one.

I'm also playing through some XBLA games.. Lumines, Paperboy, Geometry Wars.

Binkley
03-02-2007, 09:50 AM
Crackdown, Crackdown and more Crackdown (hopefully some co-op with a friend of mine)!

Orosco
03-02-2007, 09:53 AM
Crackdown, Alien Hominid HD, and more Jiminy's Journal completion in Kingdom Hearts 2.

K0LM
03-02-2007, 09:56 AM
I got buddy coming over and we are going to be playing paperboy(xbla) for drinks. It is a brutal game that usually can get you hammered in about 30 minutes.

But other than that it will be Crackdown, Splinter Cell: DA online and Ps1 games on my pc.

he1ixx
03-02-2007, 09:56 AM
probably more crackdown in large amounts. i finished the campaign, have logged about 45 hours in the game so far and still loving every minute. i'll probably push to finish the races this weekend and mess around with stunts and whatnot. and find the rest of those accursed orbs...

i broke down and stupidly bought guitar hero2 for the ps2 yesterday rather than wait a mere month for the 360 version. its a fantastically sweet game. after playing it last night, i can honestly say i'll probably be buying the 360 version as well... why? achievements. i am addicted to achievements... and the new songs and HD graphics are something of an issue as well. but its mostly the achievements. why didn't i wait!? i'm clearly a moron of epic proportions.

i also have phoenix wright to finish for ds and a ton of games in the pile of shame to take care of over the weekend and throughout next week (GOW1, Lost Planet, Rainbow Six:Vegas campaign on Realistic mode).

my wife is away in italy all next week so i'm sure to be sitting in my own filth by week's end with a pile of complete games surrounding me. bliss!

KarmaGhost
03-02-2007, 10:17 AM
Old favorites like Day of Defeat, but definitely some Command and Conquer 3 Demo.

Bydo_Empire
03-02-2007, 10:20 AM
Hooked on Sonic and the Secret Rings for Wii. I was a little miffed at some general bugginess and sloppiness in the controls and level design at first, but the game is definitely growing on me. It could use a little more polish, but the game is still really fun, and exactly what I want out of a 3d Sonic (finally!).

Kamalot
03-02-2007, 10:28 AM
Right now Im trying to figure out what I want to play I wanna get the new final fantasy so badly and than I'll get back to you on what I am playing
So, you'll buy one game, and come back and tell us you are playing something else? :confused:

Oh, Welcome to Evil Avatar!

Kamalot
03-02-2007, 10:29 AM
Hooked on Sonic and the Secret Rings for Wii. I was a little miffed at some general bugginess and sloppiness in the controls and level design at first, but the game is definitely growing on me. It could use a little more polish, but the game is still really fun, and exactly what I want out of a 3d Sonic (finally!).
This is great news. Is it worth buying or renting?

fitbabits
03-02-2007, 10:30 AM
I'm playing Scramble! Not the game, though. I'll be scrambling to get my shit together for the GDC! :eek:

MrChaz
03-02-2007, 10:37 AM
Crackdown and Supreme Commander for me.

Kamalot
03-02-2007, 10:42 AM
I'm playing Scramble! Not the game, though. I'll be scrambling to get my shit together for the GDC! :eek:
I'd rather play the game. :D

wiredInsanity
03-02-2007, 10:43 AM
I'll be playing some Tom Joad (http://www.stonehamtheatre.org) Maybe squeeze in the C&C demo.

fitbabits
03-02-2007, 10:47 AM
Somehow that doesn't surprise me.

[off topic] I finally got the globe, base jump, and some other achievements in Crackdown. [/off topic]

Gorvi
03-02-2007, 10:48 AM

I'd rather be going to GDC! ;)

Arphahat
03-02-2007, 10:49 AM
I am still wasting most of my free time in Animal Crossing: Wild World for the DS. I swear, there is no way to pretend I have even a shred of masculinity while playing, yet play I must.

If I can tear myself from my gay little animal fantasy land, I want to play some Final Fantasy III. Guitar Hero I & II will probably see a little action, as well as Pikmin II. Less likely, but still a possibility is Guild Wars.

Kamalot
03-02-2007, 10:51 AM
I'd rather be going to GDC! ;)
Oh, going to GDC is cool. Preparing for it, SCRAMBLE-Style, is decidedly not-cool.

i aint yer pa
03-02-2007, 10:56 AM
Another crack-filled weekend for me: Crackdown and Evercrack II.

AbeLincoln
03-02-2007, 10:57 AM
I'm a sucker when it comes to Sonic... and I decided I keep the trend going and got Secret Rings this week. True, the controls can be frustrating sometimes and the way you slide while charging for a jump is sometimes a pain. But overall it delivers speed, pretty environments to run around in, and best of all, no lame side character missons where you have to fish or dig! So I'd say it's more Sonic than Sonic adventures 1 and 2 were. I share Bydo's assesment that it grows on you.

Also, Jade Empire PC
and
I just got the C&C3 demo, so that'll be getting some play

Metal Jesus
03-02-2007, 11:01 AM
I'm on the last boss battle in Ratchet&Clank:Size Matters, and he's kickin' my butt! Need to power-up my weapons a bit more.

Also considering replaying Fallout 2. I just found out it works perfectly in Ubuntu, so that could be kinda fun. I'm in the mood for a good RPG.

Dean
03-02-2007, 11:15 AM
Crackdown and MLB 2K7. And maybe some Wii Sports, the Wii is getting a little dusty.

violentp
03-02-2007, 11:17 AM
2142 and *sigh* wow.

dorkus_malorkus
03-02-2007, 11:20 AM
A war filled weekend for me. Gears of War and I just bought Geometry Wars. I am on the last chapter of Act 4 in Gears (just defended the front of the house and was killed by a lone sneak attacker before I could make it to the next area...crap!). Geometry Wars is psychedelically frustrating...in a good kind of way.

CrazyPepe
03-02-2007, 11:26 AM
2 Gold medals and zero platinums (out of 15) is not a great record... but the training challenges ain't easy regardless of the apparent simplicity of the games.

There's Platinum medals in the training mode??? you've got to be kidding me.
I think I have 1 gold medal....... I'm screwed. On the other hand, it might be easier to quit now that I know this.

Now that I finished Lost Planet, I'll be playing Metroid Prime echoes this week-end.

Goronmon
03-02-2007, 11:28 AM
Panzer Dragoon Orta, Lost Planet, and ironically enough, LOTRO beta to help me stop playing WoW.

Kamalot
03-02-2007, 11:29 AM
^--- I wish Panzer Dragoon Orta would run on the 360

It is VERY ANNOYING to have to keep an old system around just to play a few great games that aren't backwards-compatible.

sprankton
03-02-2007, 11:31 AM
Crackdown co-op and I was hoping for splinter cell from gamefly, but they havent even recived R6:LV...

and a little Dystopia V1!! yEA!

Evil Avnovice
03-02-2007, 11:31 AM
Final Fantasy VI Advance (GBA)
Elite Beat Agents (DS)

Maybe some Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (DS).

kurr
03-02-2007, 11:35 AM
Just got to 70 with my blood elf pally, wife finished her blood elf priest to 70 too. Started about a week after the expansion came out. Now we're getting keyed for Karazhan (already got the 3 key fragments), and questing to get our epic flying mounts. We had about 5k saved up, but had to buy our non elite flying mounts. Hopefully we'll be ready for Karazhan by monday, in time for the second week of raiding it for our guild.

Aside from that, I'll try to squeeze in some time for Supreme Commander. I tried the CnC3 demo, and I gotta admit, they did a fuckin' great job on it. Waiting for the day it's released. I can't get Supreme Commander to work very well. Something about my soundcard (X-Fi) it doesn't like, and I'm not one to play without sound for something that ought not to have been a problem in the first place.

Spigot
03-02-2007, 11:36 AM
The Civil War game for the 360 (which is pretty entertaining). So, are you playing pro-reg or anti-reg?

Sorry, I couldn't resist...

I did an all-nighter last night since I was the closest person to work and didn't want anyone else to have to brave the inclement weather we had. That saw me playing a bunch of DS games and that pattern might hold true for the rest of the weekend depending on what I get up to.

I'll probably be doing some grinding in Meteos (must... unlock... Meteos) and I'd really like to play Hotel Dusk except that I seem to be stuck in Chapter 3. I love that game but this is about the third time that I have found myself just wandering about, trying every doorknob, looking at every object, talking to every person and just hoping something will trigger the next advancement in the story. I honestly have no clue what to do now. Sigh.

As a distraction from my frustration with Hotel Dusk last night, I finally powered up my copy of Touch Detective that has been sitting unused in my DS case for the past 4-5 months. It looks very charming and if I can't figure out what to do in Hotel Dusk soon, I might find myself playing some Touch Detective this weekend and next week instead.

Other than those DS games, I'll probably end up playing more Marvel: Ultimate Alliance on the Xbox (not the 360... just the Xbox). I'm also slowly making my way through the Super Excite circute in Excite Truck.

Oh, and I'm a few missions into the NOD campaign in Command & Conquer 2. I need to get through it and then play the Firestorm campaign before C&C 3 gets picked up. Damn you, awesome (and cheesy) C&C3 demo!

Spigot
03-02-2007, 11:41 AM

It is VERY ANNOYING to have to keep an old system around just to play a few great games that aren't backwards-compatible.Ah ha! And people keep saying that BC is a pointless feature. Pshaw!

Hmm... I have my Xbox hooked up. I wonder if Orta would run at 720p like Marvel: UA does.

Oh, I'm also playing the "Try to resist the urge to go to the game shop and pick up Chulip and FFVI Advance...." I've been on a self-imposed Gamer Lent since the beginning of February and have made it 30 days without buying a new game, not even on the VC. Part of me wants to try to make it to March 12 as that will be 40 days (which, for those of you not in the know, is the usual length for Lent) but another very vocal part of me wants to go to EB NOW!

It's a good thing we've had a pretty nasty blizzard to keep me confined close to home or I'd have been there yesterday :)

WaltJay
03-02-2007, 11:53 AM
I plan to finish up Phoenix Wright: Justice For All (about halfway through the last chapter), attempt to finish an online game in NBA Street Homecourt (EA's server hates me :( ), and play a bit of Tiger Woods 07.

Spigot
03-02-2007, 11:56 AM
I plan to finish up Phoenix Wright: Justice For All (about halfway through the last chapter), attempt to finish an online game in NBA Street Homecourt (EA's server hates me :( ), and play a bit of Tiger Woods 07.And Justice For All was awesome. I hope you enjoyed it and told all your friends to buy it so they'll get off their duff and bring over Phoenix Wright 3!

I'd have told all my friends, but, sadly, I have none.

Goronmon
03-02-2007, 11:58 AM

It is VERY ANNOYING to have to keep an old system around just to play a few great games that aren't backwards-compatible.QFT. I have AV cables everywhere.

Gorvi
03-02-2007, 11:58 AM
And Justice For All was awesome. I hope you enjoyed it and told all your friends to buy it so they'll get off their duff and bring over Phoenix Wright 3!

I'd have told all my friends, but, sadly, I have none.

I still haven't picked that up yet. I waited to get Hotel Dusk first and really enjoyed it. It's been a while, though, I should really get around to snatching that up.

Returner
03-02-2007, 12:03 PM
Lineage II
FFXII

RestlessAvenger
03-02-2007, 12:06 PM
Grats on the car. I love driving off the lot in a new car, awesome feeling. I had a couple easy games come through after Crackdown so that helped. Let me know how NBA Street turned out, I didn't like the demo but people seem to be digging the final product. I am thinking about adding it to my Q.

I am really enjoying it. It took a few games to really "get" the new control system. The time limited demo really didn't give you a chance to get up to speed. Once you do get it though it is without a doubt the smoothest playing Street game so far. It is a hell of a lot of fun.

I noticed that you still have the all missions in Co-op left for Crackdown. I read you can run through those in the Time Trial Mode with someone else. If you are looking for a partner to do so I would be more than happy to give you a hand.

Kelegacy
03-02-2007, 12:12 PM
I woke up at 2:30AM and found myself seriously ill until I just woke up from my 10th nap at 2:00PM. I have no clue why I had a fever, was nauseated, puking out my butt, and couldn't even walk on the hardwood floor or catch a breeze without my skin hurting. Two tylenol and a sweaty bed later, it broke. Still weak, but at least I can watch tv and food commercials without nearly vomiting.

And the nice thing was my cat wouldn't leave me alone. When I made it to the couch, he would crawl up beside me. When I stumbled to the bedroom, he followed me back into bed. Very weird. Maybe he sensed something and tried to take care of me with companionship.

If I regain my strength, I'll try turning on Rogue Galaxy and pushing a bit further. Snowing heavily in Maine, so I'll likely be trapped here anyway...so I might as well game. Also, might run down and look at used PSPs at sometime.

Dag-Sabot
03-02-2007, 12:28 PM
Im no doctor, but this is clearly radiation sickness, drink lots of vodka.

flinxz
03-02-2007, 12:29 PM
Gods and Heroes
Lord of the Rings Online
Sonic Wii

Goronmon
03-02-2007, 12:35 PM
Gods and Heroes
Lord of the Rings Online
Sonic WiiWhat's your impression of LOTRO so far? I played it briefly, but was immediately turned off at how "familiar" it felt to previous titles in the genre. I was thinking about putting a bit more time in this weekend.

Bydo_Empire
03-02-2007, 12:44 PM
This is great news. Is it worth buying or renting?
You know, that's a tricky question to answer. My 60 second review:

Sonic Wii does more right than it does wrong. On the plus side, it focuses on running really fast through cool-looking, fun missions spread out over a variety of levels. It captures the classic feel of Genny Sonic games better than any 3D Sonic game, which is cool. The missions are reasonably varied, highly replayable, and designed well for the most part. The experience system works really well: each mission you complete, you gain exp based on how you do, and you're awarded different power ups which you assign to your magic ring. For example: expand your homing attack range, increase your top speed, or be able to do a little turbo boost at the start of a mission. Each ability costs a certain amount of points, and you can only assign a certain number of points' worth of abilities based on your level. It works great, and adds a good deal of strategy. The missions have a nice variety of difficulty, and a nice variety of objectives. I also like that it's very fast and easy to replay missions, so if you're stuck on a hard one, it's still fun because you can quickly try over. The game looks fantastic, runs smooth, and also features a good selection of minigames which are far and away better than Monkey Ball.

On the other hand, a few of the missions have annoying bugs. For example, you can get trapped zipping back and forth between zip pads that push you forward, and wind gusts that push you back. On one mission where I had to rescue dinosaur eggs, the egg I needed literally did not exist anywhere in the level until I died. Then when I respawned, the egg was right there where I expected it. Fortunately there are only a couple of things like this that I've noticed in 5+ hours of play, so I would say 9/10 missions are fine. A few missions seemed to rely more on luck than skill, due to the speed of the game. It also definitely takes a little while to get used to the controls, especially since you start off really sluggish. While it only takes 1/2 - 1 hour to unlock several "improve steering/acceleration/etc" abilities, it's kind of a pet peeve of mine when games force you to unlock "good" controls. Even then the controls are a little twitchy and there is a definitely learning curve, but you do get accustomed to them over time. The voice acting is pretty bad, but then, this is a Sonic game. While the minigames themselves are generally fun and creative, they're wrapped in slow and clunky board games, which aren't very entertaining single player. If you have four players, the board games are mildly entertaining. But I would have liked the ability to quickly replay minigames.

It's definitely worth at least a rental, but be advised that it's a game that takes some time grow on you. If you only play for an hour or so, you might not be getting the best of what it has to offer. I would give it a B- so far, though I'm only about half way through. Whether or not you want to buy depends on how willing you are to overlook bits of clunkiness.

Zanzibar
03-02-2007, 12:44 PM
I am going to wipe every motherfucking Volk gang member off the face of the earth. I will cut off their legs, rip off their arms, then merrily beat them to death with their own limbs. I will rip the heart out of Vladimir “The Wolf” Golyak and feast upon it, then I will carry his dead corpse to the top of the Agency building and fling it off, in a harbinger of things to come for Zuang Lun Wang and his filthy Shai-Gen followers.

To them, I say this: pray to your Gods, and ask them to prepare for your imminent arrival. Beg them for mercy, for you will get none from me.

I am Death Incarnate.

Xaerin
03-02-2007, 12:45 PM
Valkyrie Profile Lenneth
Harmony of Dissonance
and Neverwinter Nights

BlackPete
03-02-2007, 12:46 PM
I still haven't picked that up yet. I waited to get Hotel Dusk first and really enjoyed it. It's been a while, though, I should really get around to snatching that up.

You should hurry up and get it soon then -- even if it means to leave it sitting on your shelf for when you get around to playing it.

Capcom is pretty infamous for putting out games that become super-rare after a few short months. I'm already hearing people at work begging for a copy of Portrait of Ruins.

he1ixx
03-02-2007, 12:47 PM
I'll probably be doing some grinding in Meteos (must... unlock... Meteos) and I'd really like to play Hotel Dusk except that I seem to be stuck in Chapter 3. I love that game but this is about the third time that I have found myself just wandering about, trying every doorknob, looking at every object, talking to every person and just hoping something will trigger the next advancement in the story. I honestly have no clue what to do now. Sigh.

take a look at this :
http://www.mycheats.com/view/superguide/6153/hotel_dusk_215/nintendo_ds

it helped me a couple of times when i got stuck.

BlackPete
03-02-2007, 12:50 PM

It is VERY ANNOYING to have to keep an old system around just to play a few great games that aren't backwards-compatible.

Panzer Dragoon Orta is probably the only game that's keeping the XBox on my shelves these days. I wish MS would hurry the fuck up and support that game already just so I can pack up the XBox already.

The rest of the games I don't really care too much about, and Ninja Gaiden Black works on the 360 now...

Esquilax1138
03-02-2007, 12:54 PM
Jade Empire PC, having a ton of fun with it. Just hope it's not as long a delay to get Mass Effect for the PC.

2142 for a shooter fix.

Elite Beat Agents as well when I can squeeze it in.

flinxz
03-02-2007, 12:54 PM
What's your impression of LOTRO so far? I played it briefly, but was immediately turned off at how "familiar" it felt to previous titles in the genre. I was thinking about putting a bit more time in this weekend.
I said it somewhere else, but here it is again. LotRO = WoW (with a better crafting system) + City of Heroes (with a better badge system) + built in voice chat

Goronmon
03-02-2007, 12:59 PM
I said it somewhere else, but here it is again. LotRO = WoW (with a better crafting system) + City of Heroes (with a better badge system) + built in voice chatI remember that, but are those "good" things? I mean, I consider WoW and CoH to be pretty shallow games (though I'm not saying they are bad games in any way).

Nerv
03-02-2007, 01:01 PM
I'm hoping that my copy of Supreme Commander has finally arrived when I get home from work (I've been waiting 2 weeks for An Post to deliver the bloody thing), other than that I'll try out the C&C demo tonight (Saturdays are for drinking)

Mortis
03-02-2007, 01:04 PM
I am really enjoying it. It took a few games to really "get" the new control system. The time limited demo really didn't give you a chance to get up to speed. Once you do get it though it is without a doubt the smoothest playing Street game so far. It is a hell of a lot of fun.

I noticed that you still have the all missions in Co-op left for Crackdown. I read you can run through those in the Time Trial Mode with someone else. If you are looking for a partner to do so I would be more than happy to give you a hand.

Cool, I'll go ahead and add Street to the Q, thanks for the info. I didn't even think about doing the co-op time trial in Crackdown for that achievement, I would definitely appreciate the help on that. Send me a message when you want to do it, I will be around tonight and all weekend.

Phanto
03-02-2007, 01:14 PM
This is like the 7 week straight being trying to find a game that I can get "hooked up" but I'm out of luck I don;t have any game at all to play... :( :mad:

wezlypipz
03-02-2007, 01:16 PM
Got Crackdown in the mail today, but I hooked up my PC to a 32 inch LCD and I can't stop playing PC games. Looks like it's Quake 4, Sin: Emergence episodes, and hopefully I can finally try Spellforce 2: Shadow Wars at some point. Why can't I pause time so I can play all I want without killing my social life?

Kamalot
03-02-2007, 01:20 PM
Hooked on Sonic worked for me!

flinxz
03-02-2007, 01:27 PM
I remember that, but are those "good" things? I mean, I consider WoW and CoH to be pretty shallow games (though I'm not saying they are bad games in any way).
Hmm, I guess I mean that they have everything both of those games have and MORE! :)

The traits / badge system is probably the thing I like the most. In WoW if you open up map you gain almost valueless experience. In LotR you have 10 places to find in an area. If you find all those places you gain stats. It may be something as simple as +1 to patience. You also get traits for your class. So if I have a rogue and I evade 1250 times in the game, I will then get a +to evade and +to agility.

These are ways of leveling without leveling. For the most part this stuff is bound to happen, it is just nice to get stuff mid-level and for free.

Better review: I pre-ordered it.

Goronmon
03-02-2007, 01:34 PM
One other thing, have you gotten a chance to group much at all? I was just wondering how grouping compares to other MMOs.

rinichanraar
03-02-2007, 01:48 PM
Crackdown, probably. Possibly Gears of War.

civil_dead
03-02-2007, 01:49 PM
I am going to wipe every motherfucking Volk gang member off the face of the earth. I will cut off their legs, rip off their arms, then merrily beat them to death with their own limbs. I will rip the heart out of Vladimir “The Wolf” Golyak and feast upon it, then I will carry his dead corpse to the top of the Agency building and fling it off, in a harbinger of things to come for Zuang Lun Wang and his filthy Shai-Gen followers.

To them, I say this: pray to your Gods, and ask them to prepare for your imminent arrival. Beg them for mercy, for you will get none from me.

I am Death Incarnate.
Oh, that was a good time killing those bastards. I don't know how far you are but:

I kept getting my ass fucked with the explosives lady. Then I realized I could sneak up the back and take her and her punk ass cronies out with a few well placed grenades. That was one of the most satifsfying killings I've done yet in a videogame.

And I agree, flinging the boss' bodies after killing them is just so...fulfilling. I try and throw them on the freeways at their fellow gang members. Oh, how I love you Crackdown.

flinxz
03-02-2007, 01:58 PM
One other thing, have you gotten a chance to group much at all? I was just wondering how grouping compares to other MMOs.
I have never grouped, but the Mrs. is always in a party. She likes it a good deal and said that getting into groups is very easy, and you can have quests shared (similar to WoW). It has a group finding window like a few other MMOs. It is pretty handy to be able to voice chat to your party and not have to know them (be on vent). The looting options seem to be the same as Lineage II and WoW. There are quests that are for groups, but I think if you were high enough level you could solo them. There is an overwhelming amount of quests in the game. You have to get over not being able to do them all right away.

Schnoogs
03-02-2007, 02:01 PM
Anyone here found all the green and blue orbs yet in crackdown? I've got like 50 green ones to go and 250 blue ones. Hopefully by monday I will have them all.

Ozena
03-02-2007, 02:02 PM
I've got a couple assignments to do, but they won't take all weekend so most likely I'll try out Fight Night Round 3 (which I wanted to buy for a while, but only did lately since it's a Platinum Hit now).

Other than that I'll probably finish GUN on 360, which has been slapping around forever without being completed.

Perhaps some Gears of War or Half-Life 2: Ep. 2 or something. But mostly a 360 weekend.

Hugenex
03-02-2007, 03:31 PM
Somehow ended up with PS3 so i'll be enjoying Ridge Racer, Resistance and VF5 which is fucking gorgeous and missing online mode that would have made it a diamond.

Disgustipated
03-02-2007, 03:39 PM
I'm gonna go grab Crackdown today, then I've got Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (Yes, still), Saints Row, and a little birdy named Loki/Rogue sent me Hotel Dusk and Phoenix Wright 2! They might be here tomorrow or the next day.

Disgustipated
03-02-2007, 03:43 PM
Anyone here found all the green and blue orbs yet in crackdown? I've got like 50 green ones to go and 250 blue ones. Hopefully by monday I will have them all.

Hidden orb pics: http://picasaweb.google.com/frodekn/HiddenOrbs/

Hidden orb map:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/TOBuploads/hiddenorblocations.jpg

Steele Johnson
03-02-2007, 03:50 PM
World of Warcraft and Zelda: Twilight Princess

GenmaNinja
03-02-2007, 04:31 PM
NBA 2K7 and Gears of War :)

anilineblack
03-02-2007, 04:47 PM
I'm playing work too! Wait, no it's a DS game. But I'm at work, and we make DS games, so there you go.

I'm taking advantage of my 360's backwards compatibility and playing Burnout 3 this weekend. I lost my copy years ago in a move and just picked it up last week on a whim.

ezzkmo
03-02-2007, 05:37 PM
If I play anything, it'll prolly be Titan Quest. Who knows, I may end up playing a game or two of Civ4 and GalCiv2.

nihil
03-02-2007, 10:38 PM
Doing yet another playthrough of the wonderful Doukutsu Monogatari [Cave Story] (http://www.miraigamer.net/cavestory/).

Metrovania sweet goodness.

gojira
03-02-2007, 11:02 PM
RIght now I seem to be playing "I Hate the Java Clipboard!!!"

gojira
03-02-2007, 11:05 PM
But I'm at work, and we make DS games, so there you go.

P. S. I hate you.

gojira
03-02-2007, 11:06 PM
P. P. S. I made soul reaper? Kewl...

zeonxavier
03-03-2007, 06:59 AM
Hmm...I'm playing Deus Ex (again) and DS Mario Kart ad hoc wireless. Karting's gotten vicious recently now that we have enough guys for an 8 player match, and I get to take credit for being the guy who started them on it...now they're finally starting to kick my butt. Kids grow up so fast these days. *sniff*

I'm also playing the first Disgaea. Now that I understand how to tweak my stats in the item world, I may get around to beating it this time.

resikel
03-03-2007, 04:23 PM
I'm playing Guild Wars on my new Dell Inspiron 1505 laptop. Damn awesome.