PDA

View Full Version : New Zelda To Be Motion Plus Only

modeps
02-03-2010, 08:50 AM
http://evavhost.com/i/news/windwaker.jpg

Remember back when Nintendo announced that Wii Motion Plus thing? Yeah, it came out and like two games actually made use of it. Well, add a third to the list. Andria Sang (http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/02/03/zelda_motion_plus_and_playable_at_e3/) has word that the new Zelda in development for the Wii will be a Wii Motion Plus only title. Yes, that means you'll need to purchase this "should-have-been-there-in-the-first-place" add-on to play the next Zelda.

Wii Motion Plus will feature heavily in the new Zelda game. In fact, Aonuma told Famitsu that it will be Wii Motion Plus exclusive. This was actually an area that was under debate at the outset of development. "After actually making it compatible," said Aonuma, "it just feels so natural. Link's sword and the controller that you're holding become one."

Asked if there will be gameplay that emphasizes the ability to freely swing your sword, Aonuma responded with an "Of course." He also hinted that the way you fight enemies could be the key to solving some puzzles.

Thanks D'Toid (http://www.destructoid.com/new-wii-zelda-will-be-a-motion-plus-exclusive-162438.phtml).

Syl
02-03-2010, 08:53 AM
I thought this was well known?

I'll be getting motion plus with Red Steel 2 anyway.

modeps
02-03-2010, 08:59 AM
I thought this was well known?

I'll be getting motion plus with Red Steel 2 anyway.

Nah, Miyamoto said he wanted to use Motion Plus, but up till now we didn't know it was going to require it. You straight up can't play the game without it.

Syl
02-03-2010, 09:05 AM
Nah, Miyamoto said he wanted to use Motion Plus, but up till now we didn't know it was going to require it. You straight up can't play the game without it.
Sounds great to me.

It's Zelda, it's singleplayer and it will probably bundled with a Motion+ anyway. It's not like you need more than one of them to fully enjoy the title.

This means that the sword fighting is going to be intricate like Miyamoto wanted it to be when the Wii launched. This is Nintendo, they know how to polish a project and I'm sure that this Zelda game will probably be the poster child for every single motion-controlled project after it.

Majora's Mask required the expansion pack, so this isn't anything new for Zelda.

Philip J. Fry
02-03-2010, 09:21 AM
As long as the game is bundled with the motion plus, I don't think I care. There are so few reasons for me to turn that console on right now, I just can't get worked up about it.

brandonjclark
02-03-2010, 09:54 AM
I don't know if there is any game that can get me to turn my Wii back on. I didn't even like No More Heroes.

shadow763
02-03-2010, 11:35 AM
It better be bundled with motion plus and maybe change up the formula a bit. The last one was great and all, but the trappings of a Zelda game are starting to wear on me.

Venkman
02-03-2010, 12:28 PM
New Zelda to feature 2 hours of intro gameplay with no sword or combat in a dirty run down village, teaching you how to do the things you learned on video games systems ten years ago.

Also, no voice acting and bad midi-music.

Verruckt
02-03-2010, 01:41 PM
Also, no voice acting and bad midi-music.

And I say thank god for no voice acting. I can't see the voice acting NOT sucking in a Zelda game. Im worried about nintendo's voice acting scouts.

Venkman
02-03-2010, 02:33 PM
And I say thank god for no voice acting. I can't see the voice acting NOT sucking in a Zelda game. Im worried about nintendo's voice acting scouts.

I can't argue with that. ;)

PatrickRes9
02-04-2010, 05:34 AM
If something as amazing as moving Link's sword around freely requires an accessory, I could care less. Especially if its bundled. I don't care if they required a soggy turd in my hand to play. In the end, The Legend of Zelda, Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, and Twilight Princess were some of my favorite games of all-time, so ill remain pretty optimistic about the potential here, even with an extra purchase.

PatrickRes9
02-04-2010, 05:46 AM
On a side note: I love the little hardcore gamer geeks, who refuse to play Zelda on the Wii, because the Wii appeals to a wide range of people. If grandma plays it, I guess you've gotta be too cool for school to play yourself. Even if it has titles any game enthusiast without any biases would love to play. Mmmm, I know, Its not presented in 1080p, and wont play your movies for you. I guess thats what gaming is about. How did we ever get along with our SNESs.