PDA

View Full Version : Madballs in Babo: Invasion Gets Clan Support, More

Demo_Boy
12-14-2009, 08:20 AM
Playbrains continues to build up the Steam version of this class-based shooter. Teased last week, here are the highlights (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1059652) they released this weekend:

*Clan and Tournament support with Twitter feed integration
*Enhanced dedicated server
*Improvements to collector skin missions
*Weapon and character updates

yutt
12-14-2009, 11:17 AM
One of my friend's is obsessed with this game. It has cut into our L4D2 time. I am upset with you.

He sent me a guest pass but my weekend wasn't as free as I'd hoped so I didn't get much time to play. Interesting game though. Seems to be a huge variety of characters and weapons.

I completely ignored it until he wouldn't stop blathering on about it because the name is possibly the worst I've ever heard of.

vherub
12-14-2009, 01:03 PM
picked this up a few weeks ago, still meaning to get into it

Demo_Boy
12-14-2009, 01:45 PM
Here's a better link (formatted) to the change list:

http://www.playbrains.com/blog/?p=887

Demo_Boy
12-14-2009, 01:49 PM
And here's the weapon updates to give you an idea of the breadth of equipment in the game:

* Lobber - we’ve increased angle for Freeze Strike, reduced the cold effect.
* Striker - Harpoon Mode - slight rate increase, slight kick-back decrease. Energy strike - shifted damage from the rod to the strike
* Rupter - Discs and Energy Bolts - projectile velocity increase to both modes
* Riffer - Freeze burst - range increased
* Zooka - Ice darts - damage increase
* Slicer - Land saw - kickback reduced
* Aescu - speed increase, and increase to vampirism distance
* Pett - improved burrow cool-down
* HornHead/Grok - increase to Psyclone cool-down
* Deploys - Healing Towers now repair themselves faster than Rocket Turrets… Boosted HP of both deployable types.

TDiddy
12-14-2009, 02:22 PM
Is the PC version different than the XBLA version? Because I have the XBLA version and just don't see the appeal of playing for more than a weekend.

yutt
12-14-2009, 03:12 PM
Is the PC version different than the XBLA version? Because I have the XBLA version and just don't see the appeal of playing for more than a weekend.
I'm assuming for multiplayer? I regrettably didn't get a chance to look into that. I didn't notice a server browser in my 30 second search, and the thought of firewalls and zero latency advantages from locally hosted games was too horrifying to consider.

Demo_Boy
12-15-2009, 06:25 AM
I'm assuming for multiplayer? I didn't notice a server browser in my 30 second search, and the thought of firewalls and zero latency advantages from locally hosted games was too horrifying to consider.

There is of course a full and proper server browser in the game, and dedicated servers. Along with Clan support, collector missions and Base Attack, the PC version also has an exclusive horde style mode and multiplayer tuned weapons and gear.